Esteemed Contributor

Re: Friday 9/30/2016 Big Brother Over the Top Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Shelby needs to do a lot less sharing about her personal life if she wants the hgs to continue believing the waitress from LA story. Today she was telling Cornbread and Monte that she works in a Chinese Buffet where customers often neglect to tip. She lamented this often ends up costing her money since she has to tip-out the hostess and dishwashers and at $2.50 an hour it's a rough way to make a living. 

Monte seemed surprised and she quickly added that she's not really sure how much she makes here but in Arizona it was $2.50. She also seemed to waffle for a minute when he asked her how long she's had her job but settled on about five months. 

Later, in the dressing room she told the girls she had been spending time at the beach adding something like "Yay Malibu." Shelby, who graduated from Pepperdine (in Malibu) quickly added, " But I don't live in Malibu or anything."

My thoughts:

1. This is 2016 and there's not a waitress in CA that's making a wage of $2.50 an hour. Minimum wage is closer to $9 or $10 an hour, and regardless of how ditzy a role you're playing, a person would surely notice that difference--especially after, uh...um, about five months.

2.. Saying you went to Malibu beach doesn't imply living there, but being so jumpy as to quickly deny it seems sketchy.

These things seem obvious to me because I have the advantage of knowing the truth. Even so, if these people start talking amongst themselves they may put two and two together. That waitress story was especially obvious. Luckily her audience was Cornbread and Monte. Had it been someone who actually works for minimum wage the jig would up. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

As expected, Whitney infected Alex, so Monte is the new HOH.

I'd say being the first HoH could be risky but last year the first HoH was given to Nicole and it turned out pretty well for her. Maybe it's a good omen for the southern charmer.

I hope I didn't jinx him, lol!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, Shelby's going to implode badly in the near future. She's not a very good liar and will get caught. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Has anyone figured out about the sisters yet? Or are they so far under the radar that nobody cares?

I can't tell some of the females apart ~ of course Alex & Morgan and then Shelby & Whitney are confusing me.

Honored Contributor

@tennpal15 wrote:

Has anyone figured out about the sisters yet? Or are they so far under the radar that nobody cares?

I can't tell some of the females apart ~ of course Alex & Morgan and then Shelby & Whitney are confusing me.

I think a few are suspicious of the sisters, but I'm not sure anyone "knows."

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tennpal15 wrote:

Jason has mentioned to several people that he believes they're sisters. Once, standing in front of the memory wall, he asked if they were the same person since they have the same face. But, like G'man said, maybe he's just suspicious since he hasn't actually questioned them yet or maybe he's just laying low.

Shelby and Whitney are the easiest two to figure out due to their voices. Whitney has the most southern accent I've ever heard and Shelby has one of the huskiest voices I've heard (for a female).

I could give you more differences between the two but I'll stop there so I don't sound like a BB stalker! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Whitney has a strong Southern accent, but it's not the strongest I've ever heard. There was a social worker in the rehab facility where my mom ended up a couple of times who had a deeper accent. I loved that accent. I've actually saved one of her messages on my answering machine,just because I like to hear her accent. If anything, it's stronger than Whitney's. The message in "normal" English would have taken a few seconds to convey. It was "Hi Mr. Shinn. This is Janine up to rehab. I'm just calling to let you know your Mom's been cleared to go home tomorrow." (She also gave the phone number but I'm not repeating that here.) In her Southern accent that message took almost a minute. Just the word Hi was broken into about four or five syllables.

Shelby's voice is like that of a twenty pack a day smoker. And her laugh, whoo boy is that a laugh. I don't really find it annoying (not yet anyway) but it's a unique laugh.

By the way, Julie came on and told them that there won't be nominations, but two safety ceremonies where Monte will be assigned to name a certain number of house guests safe and the two who aren't safe will be the nominees.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

That's a cute story about saving the voice message. Living in CA I can't remember ever even hearing a southern accent in person. In fact when I hear it on TV, like the Reba show for example, I don't like it. But Whitney has made me a convert (not to be confused with pervert, lol). She's such a sweet girl, or at least seems to be so far, and I actually like hearing her speak.

I saw someone in a chat room write her name out as Wheat-knee which is pretty much how she pronounces it. Earlier she said something about Tiffany being Vanessa's "seester" and it took me a minute to figure out what a Medico assistant is. Once you get used to it, though, it's sort of endearing. 

Shelby on the other hand, while I like her (somewhat), has the most grating voice ever. I'm not sure that's the right word because it doesn't annoy me. I just find it to be so unattractive. It's manly and creepy, but most of all, it rarely if ever seems sincere.

Honored Contributor

We're about a half hour away from the live DR sessions. There's a set of the house guests' photos up in the HOH room which is different. I'm guessing they'll play a role in the Safety Ceremonies. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And now it turns out we won't be seeing the live DR's until next week.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!