Honored Contributor

Friday 9/30/2016 Big Brother Over the Top Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

The new season is off to a pretty good start. We've got some interesting characters (Justin, Shelby, Cornbread) and some divisions now forming. For the first few hours everyone was friendly and got along very well and just seemed like a large cohesive group. Then the divisions started.

Monte, Shane, Scott and Cornbread quickly decided to create an alliance of four. Initially they decided that Justin and Danielle, an early showmance, would be their first target. Knowing they were outnumbered by the girls they decided to recruit a few girls into their group to give them numbers that they could cut later. Alex and Whitney were quickly added with Morgan and possibly Shelby also in tow. Alex and Whitney wanted Jason out.

The target soon shifted to the late night crew of Jason, Kryssie and Neeley who were all getting very close. Jason scares them knowing that the fans vote for the winner and they don't want a pre-existing fan favorite in the end, so they now feel that Jason has to go.

The first HOH comp soon started. The house guests were all locked outside then ordered into the living room where they found a bottle of blue fizzy drink with a note stating "Only One May Drink" then in small print "Expect the unexpected." They sat around waiting for Julie to appear to tell them something, but nothing happened. Someone dared Shane to drink the drink so he gulped it down which triggered an alarm and Shane was informed that he was infected and to report to the DR.

He emerged a bit later wearing a new t-shirt with a red bug on it and a necklace that was a giant bug. He then informed the house that he was infected and would pass the bug to another house guest when the alarm next sounded. That house guest would repeat the action the next time the alarm sounded. House guests couldn't refuse the bug. This would continue for 24 hours until only one house guest remained uninfected and that house guest would then become the HOH.

Scheming then ensued to try and make sure the bug got passed to the right people. As of this minute the only ones not infected are Monte, Alex, Whitney, Cornbread and Jason. With Jason the target of the other four, he will almost certainly become infected soon. Jason's side of the house (Neeley, Kryssie, Justin, maybe Danielle, maybe Shelby, maybe Scott who is sitting with the rest of them silently listening as they scheme.) I think Scott is just gathering intelligence he can report back to his alliance, and Shelby may be doing the same, but she seems really into this group now.

Jason considers Whitney, Alex and Morgan to be the "plastics." Scott may be trying to play both sides. He's offering some advice to Jason and his alliance on how to swing Alex to their side. Shelby's planning to have a girls' day with Morgan, Danielle and Whitney to try and keep them on her side and maybe pull in Alex. There's lots and lots of scheming going on. Jason's group wants the "abs" (Monte/Shane) gone first. They think they may be able to pull it off.

Jason's alliance just decided on calling their alliance the "OTT Jamboree." (At this moment we've got Jason, Kryssie, Shelby, Scott and Justin  talking together and calling themselves that.) They think they have to sneak off to bed separately so no one knows they were all together. Cornbread just walked out on his way back from the bathroom, so their meeting won't be a secret any longer.

It's pretty neat watching all of the alliance building that goes on in this first week. We've heard some very interesting stories, mostly from Justin who's got some whoppers. Shelby has largely dumped the dumb "Valley Girl" act she was doing on first entering the house and is pretty entertaining. 

At 10:30 PM tonight we get the first live DR sessions so we'll hopefully know more about what each house guest is truly thinking. (We saw some of their "normal"  DR's in the 10 PM update last night.) Is Scott playing both sides and trying to stay in the middle? Is Shelby doing the same? Where do true loyalties lie at this early stage of the game? It's been a pretty fun season so far with a pretty good cast. I think BB may be onto something here with the new format. I like it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Friday 9/30/2016 Big Brother Over the Top Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Well I am definitely down with OTT Jamboree. Justin is my favorite so somehow finding myself rooting for team Jason.

i also like Kryssie.

Honored Contributor

@untitled wrote:

Well I am definitely down with OTT Jamboree. Justin is my favorite so somehow finding myself rooting for team Jason.

i also like Kryssie.

It'll be interesting to see how this week plays out. We've got a few house guests floating around now and with America making a nomination the floaters may ally themselves with America. I'm pretty sure that one of the guy's alliance will end up as HOH. If it's anyone but Monte, and I suspect Jason will use his bug on Monte making him ineligible for HOH, then Monte will likely be America's nomination. (Based on what I'm reading on the various BB forums.) About the only way Monte won't be put up by Jason is if they keep Jason bug free until the very last infection and use it on him. Then Jason can't infect anyone.

If America nominates Monte then the house could decide Monte needs to go. This will be a fun week to see how things play out. We'll see what happens later today as the HOH comp ends up and then the live DR sessions tonight.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Don't know much about the dynamics of the group yet but I did notice that Monte and Shane started off pretty quickly sizing up everyone and making assumptions.  I'm afraid this is putting a target on their backs.  You would think people would learn this lesson fast but no.

Still getting use to this format.  Always afraid I will miss something because I can't keep track of the schedule yet.  So appreciative of Gardenman explaining what's going on so at least I have that.  

Honored Contributor

The alarm just went off and Morgan is wandering around picking out someone to infect and she selects Cornbread. We're getting closer and closer to having an HOH.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The alarm goes off and Cornbread infects Jason. (Tactically a very bad choice as Jason will likely nominate Monte which will let one of the girls (Alex or Whitney) become HOH. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Jason and Monte were talking earlier and Jason told Monte he hoped he'd get HOH so now he's afraid to infect Monte and is planning to infect Whitney instead and then hope Whitney infects Monte and Alex becomes HOH. We're about an hour away from having an HOH now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The alarm went off and Jason infected Whitney, so now the HOH will be either Monte or Alex. I suspect Whitney will infect Alex and that will give Monte the HOH.

Jason's not too bright. He's been talking game with Danielle and Shane (who are now pretty much glued to one another) and telling them he wants Cornbread gone. Shane and Cornbread are allied, so Jason is just digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself. He talked with Scott earlier this morning and Scott then ratted him out to Monte and the guys, now he's telling Shane stuff he shouldn't be telling Shane. Jason's getting himself in all kinds of trouble.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Like you said, Shane and Danielle are practically glued together, so I'm surprised the guys think there's a showmance brewing with Justin & Danielle. Maybe that ship has sailed. There might be an interest on Justin's part, but Danielle clearly has her sights set on Shane. Not sure how Shane feels, but he seems to enjoy her company.

Honored Contributor

As expected, Whitney infected Alex, so Monte is the new HOH.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!