Honored Contributor

Friday 8/28/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

After a very short endurance comp, Vanessa emerged the winner and John re-entered the house. Vanessa immediately started plotting and scheming and got promises of loyalty from Steve and John, made final two deals with Steve, Austin, and Julia, and then proceeded to look for reasons to put up Meg and James.

Vanessa thinks her three (Steve, John and Vanessa) can beat Austin and the dingbats in any comp. Rather than take one of them out now, she's targeting James and Meg so they'll get to the final six then have the two threesomes fight it out. Austin wasn't thrilled with this plan, but went along with it to keep his harem safe. (By the way, his harem is secretly plotting how to get rid of him.)

So today Vanessa will nominate Meg and James and one of them will be her target for eviction. If one of them wins POV then the other one goes. John would be the pawn then (so Vanessa thinks) and the house would vote out the other one.

My hope right now is that James wins the POV, comes down, John goes up opposite Meg and then John goes to the jury. Votes against John could easily come from James, Austin and the twins, none of whom see Meg as a threat and all see John as a threat. Austin said last night the Meg and James were right and they should have voted out Steve and that John coming back was their nightmare.

Things should be pretty quiet today. There might be Have Nots again as the Have Not vitamins were in the storeroom again. If so Vanessa wants to make James and Meg Have Nots to weaken them. Tomorrow and the POV comp are huge. If James or Meg wins it (and possibly Austin) the POV  will be used and then things, will liven up dramatically. If Vanessa puts John up as the replacement then John would likely go home. If she put up a twin instead of John she'd get her way, but any remaining trust would be gone

Vanessa is putting way too much trust in people who had their knives aimed for her back this week instead of the people who would target those who were ready to stab her in the back. James and Meg were ready to go after Austin and the twins instead of Vanessa, so Vanessa is taking them out and keeping the people who were targeting her. That's not necessarily the smartest move.

Vanessa was surprised to get a cold shoulder from Shelli last night and can't understand that. Yeah. About that, it's just possible Shelli now knows how big a snake Vanessa is. I'll post back after the noms, but there doesn't seem to be any debate over who they'll be. Expect to see Meg and James as the nominees.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Re: Friday 8/28/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Thanks for the update gardenman.

So putting Meg and James on the block is her big move?  Give me a break.  It's what everyone expects.

If she was smart, this is the perfect time to put up Austin and a twin to totally flip the house.  If one wins POV and comes down, put the other twin up as a replacement.  Bust that power trio wide open!  But no.  

The show is not so interesting when one side always wins and no one wants to rock the boat.

Esteemed Contributor

Would think as a professional gambler Vanessa would look to increase the odds in her favor.  Not targeting Austin and the twins may be her downfall in this game.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Over on another forum, someone aptly described Meg as an albatross around James' neck, so her leaving might not be horrible for his game, if he can team up with Vanessa, John and Steve. I don't have much hope of that though. Between the two of them, I think they get rid of James over Meg. Hope James can win veto and pulls himself off the block.

I was hoping to see Vanessa leave, but now I think if she gets to the end, she deserves to win. She looks like she keeps making mistakes, but then finds ways to capitalize on the mistakes of others and keeps herself alive.

I agree with you, gardenman, that's she's being foolish to not go after the Austwins at this point. That may be her downfall.
Honored Contributor

One more thing I forgot earlier. Mel (Vanessa's girlfriend) said in her letter that she went to Disney which may have been code telling Vanessa to trust Steve since Steve says his dream is to work for Disney. So, earlier Liz got a letter telling her that her mother went to Austin, Tx. and now Vanessa gets a letter touting Disney. So much for no contact with the outside world.

The bad news is the letters are usually written well in advance and the person you're told to ally with may now be gunning for you.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

After a very short endurance comp, Vanessa emerged the winner and John re-entered the house. Vanessa immediately started plotting and scheming and got promises of loyalty from Steve and John, made final two deals with Steve, Austin, and Julia, and then proceeded to look for reasons to put up Meg and James.

Vanessa thinks her three (Steve, John and Vanessa) can beat Austin and the dingbats in any comp. Rather than take one of them out now, she's targeting James and Meg so they'll get to the final six then have the two threesomes fight it out. Austin wasn't thrilled with this plan, but went along with it to keep his harem safe. (By the way, his harem is secretly plotting how to get rid of him.)

So today Vanessa will nominate Meg and James and one of them will be her target for eviction. If one of them wins POV then the other one goes. John would be the pawn then (so Vanessa thinks) and the house would vote out the other one.

My hope right now is that James wins the POV, comes down, John goes up opposite Meg and then John goes to the jury. Votes against John could easily come from James, Austin and the twins, none of whom see Meg as a threat and all see John as a threat. Austin said last night the Meg and James were right and they should have voted out Steve and that John coming back was their nightmare.

Things should be pretty quiet today. There might be Have Nots again as the Have Not vitamins were in the storeroom again. If so Vanessa wants to make James and Meg Have Nots to weaken them. Tomorrow and the POV comp are huge. If James or Meg wins it (and possibly Austin) the POV  will be used and then things, will liven up dramatically. If Vanessa puts John up as the replacement then John would likely go home. If she put up a twin instead of John she'd get her way, but any remaining trust would be gone

Vanessa is putting way too much trust in people who had their knives aimed for her back this week instead of the people who would target those who were ready to stab her in the back. James and Meg were ready to go after Austin and the twins instead of Vanessa, so Vanessa is taking them out and keeping the people who were targeting her. That's not necessarily the smartest move.

Vanessa was surprised to get a cold shoulder from Shelli last night and can't understand that. Yeah. About that, it's just possible Shelli now knows how big a snake Vanessa is. I'll post back after the noms, but there doesn't seem to be any debate over who they'll be. Expect to see Meg and James as the nominees.

Thanks, again, for these updates.  I could not watch JohnnyMac get evicted.  He is my favorite.  I do believe the twins will ditch Austin - he is so vain and dumb. I can also see Vanessa at the end. 

Respected Contributor

Gardenman do the HGs know next week it will be double eviction?

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

Gardenman do the HGs know next week it will be double eviction?

Not yet, but the DR will likely tip them off during the upcoming week. The houseguests know another DE is coming, but I don't think they're looking at it coming this soon.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I was just warming up to Vanessa's game but going after Meg would be incredibly lame.

I was looking so forward to last night but still, this season keeps on giving, can't wait for next Thursday!   

Gardenman, agree about this endurance comp and really, it wasn't even fun to watch.  But I'd like to know who came in second and third after Vanessa?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

I was just warming up to Vanessa's game but going after Meg would be incredibly lame.

I was looking so forward to last night but still, this season keeps on giving, can't wait for next Thursday!   

Gardenman, agree about this endurance comp and really, it wasn't even fun to watch.  But I'd like to know who came in second and third after Vanessa?

They were dropping like flies in the endurance comp and we got blacked out for a bit when multiple houseguests sat on the ring they were supposed to be standing on and were disqualified. When the feeds came back up only John and Vanessa remained. As bad as the comp was, it could have been worse as they paused it during the commercial break so someone would still be up when Julie came back. Had they not paused it chances are the comp would have been over before the show ended. John ended up second. I have no idea who finished third, fourth, or fifth. They really need to rethink those comps.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!