Honored Contributor

Friday 8/26/2016 Big Brother 18 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Thursday saw Victor get evicted and then come back in the Battle Back by outlasting the rest of the jurors on the wall. The battle of the wall soon escalated to a battle of the three smallest house guests with James, Nicole and Paul hanging on for dear life. Paul eventually fell leaving just Nicole and James on the wall.  Nicole begged for James to let her win so she could get a letter from her mom. James wasn't sure and Nicole repeatedly assured him, promised him that she'd never put him and Natalie up and that all she wanted was the letter and that she'd even let James pick the nominees.

James asked her what her mom's name was and Nicole said Jenny. James then said "Jenny, I'm doing this so your daughter can read your letter" and James dropped off the wall. Nicole was thrilled and leaped off to embrace James (knocking him down in the knee deep water in the process.)  The feeds then went down for a while only to come back with Nicole and Corey talking about noms.

Nicole really wants Michelle out and initially talked of putting up Victor and Michelle with Michelle the target. (Yeah, that's a good strategy. Let's get the weakest player out who can't win anything.) Paul and Victor then pledged undying loyalty to Nicole and Corey and Paul pushed hard for James and Natalie. Nicole didn't want Natalie up and instead suggested Michelle up alongside of James. At this moment that's where things stand. Nicole claims she'd never have lasted on the wall if Paul hadn't been alongside of her encouraging her.

Paul and Victor are teamed up with Nicole and Corey. (At least for now.) All that talk of James and Nicole having a pre-show agreement to work together should now be gone. Nicole is likely targeting one of the weak three (James, Natalie, Michelle) instead of one of the strong two (Paul, Victor.) Nicole's undying hatred of every other woman in the world will likely end up with Natalie and Michelle on the block by next Thursday. 

Nicole for whatever reason never wants another girl in the house and despite being in an all girl alliance earlier, has consistently worked to get rid of all the female competition. In this HOH she's determined to thin the herd by at least one more girl. Michelle is her initial target, but Natalie is far from safe too. James could even be booted this week depending on how things play out. James should have learned not to throw comps, but it seems to be a lesson he's too dense to learn.

Everyone's settling down for the night now and then later today the Care Package will arrive. After the Care Package arrives then the serious negotiations will start. Later this evening the nominations will take place. It's pretty much certain that Michelle will be one nominee, and either James, Victor, or Natalie the other. I don't think it will be Victor, or Paul won't trust Nicole and Corey. My gut says she'll put up Natalie knowing James would use the POV on Natalie if he won it so Nicole could then get rid of Michelle. If she put up James and Michelle, there's a chance Natalie would use the POV on Michelle, assuming James would be safe. 

We'll have to see what happens later today when Nicole and Corey talk with James and Natalie. Natalie thinks Paul is Satan and may be able to swing Nicole away from Paul/Victor, but right now Paul and Victor seem solidly with Nicole and Corey.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: Friday 8/26/2016 Big Brother 18 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Once again, thank you, Gman!

I've never bought into Nicole/James thing. TBH I never felt that Nicole liked/James IRL. It's energy she puts out there, as well as her actions. This is one of the reasons why I think your social game is more important than winning comps. Although Paul is just always "on", he is a good social player. I remember when Paulie was getting evicted and I read an update where Nicole told Corey that she didn't want to see any of these people outside the house except Corey, Paulie & Frank. Yes, Frank, who sold out Nicole time after time and really did more damage to her besides DaV. Corey wants to work with Victor/Paul because, again, those of the people that he would hang out with IRL (background, age, interest). 

It is disappointing that BB keeps bringing vets, especially this season. Although I liked James and Nicole on their seasons, I was surprised that they were asked back. Maybe this is also a cynic in me but I do believe that the DR/production is in full force for Nicole/Corey to work with Paul/Victor. I'm so hoping for a Victor/Paul final 2, with Paul being a winner. Paul has game. Yes, Victor came back twice as no one has in the past, but from what I gathered it is because they've never gave 3rd chances to come back into the game. 

Respected Contributor

Please declare Victor the winner already as none of these other losers deserve to win anything. Most boring season EVER!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I rushed in to work this morning so I could read what happened last night! If Nicole puts James up, she is a real jerk.  G-man, I think you are right, she doesn't want any other woman in the house, but now you have to start picking off the people who win comps.  And she didn't technically "win" HOH--she got it because James gave it to her.

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Please declare Victor the winner already as none of these other losers deserve to win anything. Most boring season EVER!

Most years at this stage you have some idea of who will win. It could be pretty much anyone this year except Michelle. (Which by the way, makes Michelle the perfect person to keep around and take to the final two.)

Paul probably deserves the win the most, but he's played a very aggressive game and that's likely to catch up to him at some point. Nicole and Corey are idiots. They're looking to keep the best competitors and lose the worst. (Yeah, that'll work.)

James likes to throw comps too much and throwing last night's likely cost him any shot at the game. (Dude, you're in a three person alliance with two people who can't play for HOH. This is "your" HOH. The one you've been bragging about owning all year long. Now you throw it, you'll lose one of your three, and you've given your targets a chance to ally with two others and now it'll be four on two. How the heck is that a smart move?)

Natalie's besotted with Victor and that'll be her downfall unless Victor gets flushed soon. If Natalie survives this week and wins HOH next week she'll likley target Paul and either Nicole or Corey, letting Victor skate through a bit longer.

These really aren't the brightest hamsters and God only knows how the final three plus weeks will play out. I could see a path for any of the six other than Michelle winning. I would say Michelle was the least likely to win followed by James, then there's a massive tie between everyone else.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

I don't think we are seeing the same Nicole this season.  She doesn't seem to be sweet and kind anymore.  Perhaps it is because she aligned herself with Paulie, who is not the type of person the old Nicole would have associated with.  (I loved the reaction that the girls in Jury had to Paulie last night.  He absolutely is a disrespectful person who would make a terrible partner and husband.  I am so glad Z sees that now.)    Maybe Nicole has changed because the fame from the last BB has gone to her head.  She gives off the vibe that she thinks she is better than most in the house.  Corey just seems zoned out all of the time.  Nicole seems to be leading him around and he blindly follows.  

James should have voted to send Corey home.  Victor is a strong player, and perhaps James saw him as more of a threat, but he is so much more likable than Corey.  Also, James absolutely should not have given the HOH to Nicole.  That was probably the worst game move I have seen so far.  

Honored Contributor

I hate comp throwing. It drives me nuts. A lot of people think it's a good strategic move so you appear weaker, but many, many times the comp throwers are voted out. If you can win a comp, then win it. Never throw a comp!

Back in ED's first season (BB8?) Gail put together an alliance of fit young guys to work with. Those fit young guys threw every comp and got voted out one by one. 

Comp throwing is why I would never join an alliance in BB. You need your alliance members fighting for the comps each and every week and more often than not, they'll throw the comp assuming they're not a target that week. I'd rather win the comp, control the game and deal with the consequences.

James was in a perfect position this week. It was a comp he excels at. Alliances are in flux. He could have solidified a solid final five with two highly beatable players in Corey and Nicole by winning and putting up Victor and Paul. Instead he hops off, lets Nicole have it, now she's allied with Victor/Paul and one of James allies is likely going home this week, possibly James. He's on the wrong side of a four to two power swing and it's stupid. Throwing comps throws away control and you never want to lose control. Unless you're a Derrick with a zombie army dedicated to letting you win the game, you never, ever throw a comp.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Just a reminder, the voting for the final Care Package ends today at 1:00 PM ET. The Care Package will arrive at the house sometime between three and four PM ET. I voted for Corey just to annoy Paul. I think it would be funny if Corey's Care package had condoms and a pregnancy test kit in it.

"Uh, here Nicole, I guess this is for you," says Corey handing Nicole the pregnancy test kit.

"Oh, thanks, Coreeeeeee. I was looking for one of those!"

That would get everyone talking.

Whoever wins the Care Package will be disappointed, but if Paul or Victor wins it that would give Nicole a reason not to nominate them. (The bribe.) I kind of want her to have to openly stab James in the back with no excuses available. I'm tired of everyone trying to play the middle this year. Pick a side and play.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

IF they don't stop eating, I'm going to gain 20 lbs !!!!  Cat Mad  It's non-stop!

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

IF they don't stop eating, I'm going to gain 20 lbs !!!!  Cat Mad  It's non-stop!

You need to be a Have Not.

By the way, if they follow the same Have Nots formula they've been following, then Corey, Victor and possibly Paul will be the Have Nots. They were the first three off the wall. The first three out of the HOH  comp have been the Have Nots.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!