Honored Contributor

Fred and Ginger - Shall We Dance?

I just watched this movie from 1937. 

Adorable.   And Ginger's character had the cutest little dog.  There was even a melody written by George Gershwin just for the "dog-walking" scene.  The dog got no screen credit (nor did the trainer.) :-(

The dog did a lot of behaviors really, really well.

Ginger's clothes were designed by Irene.  It was Irene's first major motion picture.   Here's just one of her gowns:  gold lame with long fringe from the waist to the floor.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Re: Fred and Ginger - Shall We Dance?

You have been watching the best movies, @GingerPeach!  & thank you for sharing your finds.  

Over the the rainy weekend, I dusted off my DVD  "Under the Tuscan" because of your other post & it was so nice to watch again.  🙂

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Respected Contributor

i've watched the fred and ginger movies so many times i've lost count.  i really have enjoyed them.

Honored Contributor

Heart, @3cupcakes

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I could watch Fred Astaire dance for hours. He made it look so graceful and effortless when we know it wasn't effortless. I know that many people are Gene Kelly fans, but when I compare their dancing styles, I much prefer Fred's. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde I never could decide. Fred had that savoir faire. And such charm. So suave. And he moved like no one else. But Gene Kelly was so cute. And he always wore white socks and loafers for some reason. He was the all American boy in his looks. He had one move I loved, but he knew them all. Sometimes I'd be worn out from watching him, but not Fred. So smooth. They said he liked props-brooms, mops, things like that. I don't like props.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I just watched this movie from 1937. 

Adorable.   And Ginger's character had the cutest little dog.  There was even a melody written by George Gershwin just for the "dog-walking" scene.  The dog got no screen credit (nor did the trainer.) :-(

The dog did a lot of behaviors really, really well.

Ginger's clothes were designed by Irene.  It was Irene's first major motion picture.   Here's just one of her gowns:  gold lame with long fringe from the waist to the floor.

@GingerPeach  I recently watched an interview of her wherein her book was mentioned several times, with ****** Cavett and thought it was really interesting