Honored Contributor

Former American Idol Finalist Killed In Car Crash

[ Edited ]

"Former “American Idol” finalist Rickey E. Smith Jr. was killed Friday morning in a car crash in Oklahoma." He was pronounced dead at the scene. He was on Season 2, the season that Ruben Studdard won.

Full story:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/american-idol-finalist-dead-rickey-smith-car-crash-1201768118/

Respected Contributor

Re: Former American Idol Finalist Killed In Car Crash

This makes me so M.A.D.D.... when are people going to stop drinking and driving. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow how sad I remember him that was during the time I watched American idol, when Simon left so did I.

Honored Contributor

What an amazing smile!  When I clicked on (thank you for doing that) and saw him, I remembered seeing him.

It was nice to see what Stoddard wrote about him.  

Honored Contributor

Here he is for those who didn't see him or don't remember:  Scan down and it's a video of him singing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/american-idol-contestant-rickey-smith-dies-in-car-crash_us_572cc...

Honored Contributor

I have been shocked at how many drink and drive, where i live  the road is very busy, they take it for a short cut,you would not believe ,how many beer cans,bottles  are along this road.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

We used to tell our daughters that nothing good happens after about 1:00AM (some say 12:00).

I know people say well the bars let out but I think these days the bars just go on forever.

Some people come home or go to work during the early morning hours.  There are people here in the outskirts of DC who leave their house for work at around 3:30 AM or 5:00AM.  My best friend who recently retired had to leave at 5-5:30AM so she could be to work at DC by 7:30AM.

I have to wonder when people who drink and drive are REALLY going to get put in jail and taught a lesson.  It seems to run from state to state as to the punishment.  It should be universal for every state!!

Honored Contributor

Season 2 was one of my favorites.  There was an innocence about the early seasons.

I remember and enjoyed Rickey Smith.  May in rest in peace.

The wrong way, drunk driver will have to live with what he's done for the rest of his life. 

Honored Contributor

SO SAD!!  Prayers!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

We used to tell our daughters that nothing good happens after about 1:00AM (some say 12:00).

I know people say well the bars let out but I think these days the bars just go on forever.

Some people come home or go to work during the early morning hours.  There are people here in the outskirts of DC who leave their house for work at around 3:30 AM or 5:00AM.  My best friend who recently retired had to leave at 5-5:30AM so she could be to work at DC by 7:30AM.

I have to wonder when people who drink and drive are REALLY going to get put in jail and taught a lesson.  It seems to run from state to state as to the punishment.  It should be universal for every state!!

I say 12 a.m.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"