Honored Contributor

NBC Chanel 4 reported that Steven Hill who played Adam Schiff died today he was 94 born in 1922. I loved the way he payed that character 

Honored Contributor

Re: For law and order fans

[ Edited ]

I also remember him from small parts in lots of movies. He also had the role on Thirtysomething, playing the Jewish father of Michael Steadman, fine actor, may he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

Re: For law and order fans

[ Edited ]

I remember him way back from Mission Impossible (the TV series, not the film). He's someone who did not age well. I was shocked when I saw him on Law and Order, having not seen him in years; I barely recognized him.

From IMdb:  "Born in Seattle, Washington, in 1922, as Solomon Krakovsky, to Russian Jewish immigrants..."

RIP, Steven Hill.

Editing to add: wow - I never knew why he left Mission Impossible after the first season and was replace by Peter Graves (James Arness' real life brother).   It's here in Wiki, and quite an interesting read!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hill

Honored Contributor

I didn't know he was in Thirtysomething I was a fan of that show in its day

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I remember him way back from Mission Impossible (the TV series, not the film). He's someone who did not age well. I was shocked when I saw him on Law and Order, having not seen him in years; I barely recognized him.

From IMdb:  "Born in Seattle, Washington, in 1922, as Solomon Krakovsky, to Russian Jewish immigrants..."

RIP, Steven Hill.

Editing to add: wow - I never knew why he left Mission Impossible after the first season and was replace by Peter Graves (James Arness' real life brother).   It's here in Wiki, and quite an interesting read!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hill

Yes i knew that 

love the story about Shatner and Nimoy trying to form a minyan  at Desilu 

Honored Contributor

I remember him as Gena Rowlands hubby in the 1963 movie, A Child is Waiting , also starred Burt Lancaster and Judy Garland.

Honored Contributor

I always thought he was a great foil to the Jack McCoy character.