Respected Contributor

One of my favorite musicals. I saw it as a play twice, once at a dinner theatre and once at at small college. I have always loved it. It is on TMC right now. The music and message a favorite.

Trusted Contributor

It's one of my favorites too and I'm watching. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

A great musical filled with songs to sing along with!  I saw the play on Broadway and it was a big thrill, it still is when I see it on TV.

Trusted Contributor

Wow that must have been special to see it performed live!

Esteemed Contributor

I hope everyone is taping the Tony Awards--it is fantastic!

Respected Contributor

I'm watching. I saw the Broadway show 3 times, different productions, always great. 

Esteemed Contributor
Chicago’s Lyric Opera is including Fiddler as part of their regular opera season this fall. Got a few grumbles that I saw, but is supposed to be a new production.

“international critics heralded the arrival of a completely original and unique experience created from this revered, Tony Award-winning masterpiece. “Songs many of us have heard our whole lives sentimentalized...are given weight and take on deep meaning,””

I just saw a recent touring show a few years ago - will be interesting to see how they made it “opera”.
Respected Contributor

There was a theatre production here in NY that was done completely in Yiddish, starring Joel Grey. Although my understanding of Yiddish is minimal, they songs were so familiar and the play was acted so well, it was easy to understand the story.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Valued Contributor

One of my favorites, I've seen it several different venues, once on Broadway once at a local dinner theater and then a local school plays. Only have seen two on Broadway Fiddler  and Les Mis, Will watch either one of them whenever I can.

Esteemed Contributor

There's a movie remake in development. 

It was announced in May 2020 but not much news since.