Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite "Golden Girls" lady?

I still watch them almost every night.  How do you choose one. It was a case of absolutely perfect casting.   I'd have to say my least favorite is Blanch, although her part was well played.  Betty White was wonderful as Rose, tiny little Sophia paired with tall Dorothy were great together and separately.  If I had to choose, I couldn't. 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

For me it would have to be Dorothy. She was strong, smart, and assertive. Her mother irritated her yet Dorothy took good care of her. Dorothy was a decent person...bright, articulate, and funny.

Perfectly stated!!!

Honored Contributor

Blanche was spoiled and loved herself, but she had a heart of gold. She would always say, No matter how old we  get, I will always be the youngest and the prettiest!! Rue was in acuality about 12 years younger then the rest of the girls.

Honored Contributor

In order: Rose, Sophia, Dorothy, Blanche.

Honored Contributor

Shelbelle wrote:

Vivian Florimond wrote:

For me it would have to be Dorothy. She was strong, smart, and assertive. Her mother irritated her yet Dorothy took good care of her. Dorothy was a decent person...bright, articulate, and funny.

Perfectly stated!!!

+1

I sure couldn't have stated it better.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Blanche... hands down. Though the show wouldn't have been the same without any of them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Each one complimented the others...so can't pick a favorite.  I never seem to tire of watching the episodes over and over again, especially in the wee hours of the night when I wake and can't fall back to sleep.  It will be a long time before another show like this one comes around again.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

I thought Dorothy was great too.....i was lucky enough years back to see her on Broadway on a One Woman Show....she talked about her life, career and we sat in the third row......she was "exactly" like Dorothy...strong, sarcastic, funny.   She spoke often of her great friendship with Hal Lindon of Barney Miller during the show....it was such a treat to see her...

Honored Contributor

I only watched the show a couple times and didn't like it.  

Frankly, I was much more a fan of Designing Women.

Honored Contributor

Sophia---her lines could really pack a punch. I like all of the ladies and watch the show often. The characters and the writing were some of the best ever.