Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite TV cartoon characters?

I like most of the ones mentioned.  I don't think I saw the Smurfs mentioned and I loved Mighty Mouse.

Honored Contributor

I have always loved to watch cartoons, and it's something I've never outgrown.   I would prefer to watch a cartoon any day over a movie.  

So many of my favorites are also your favorites; I couldn't wait to watch Woody Woodpecker, Heckle and Jeckle, Tom Terrific and Top Cat.   When I was in elementary school, Huckleberry Hound and Quick Draw McGraw came on at 4:00 Monday through Friday and my brothers and I would jump off the bus and run to the house as fast as we could to watch our show!   Pixie and Dixie, Chip and Dale were always a special treat to watch.  I also enjoyed Hillbilly Bears, Secret Squirrel and Magilla Gorilla.   

Esteemed Contributor

Jonny Quest, The Archie's and even The Brady kids.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

The first cartoon I remember ever seeing was Crusader Rabbit, and I remember really liking it a lot.  But I think Bugs Bunny is my all--time favorite.

Honored Contributor

Bugs Bunny

Daffy Duck

Foghorn Leghorn

Ralph Wolf

Sam Sheepdog

Sylvester

Wile E. Coyote

Peabody

And -- Heavens to Murgatroyd! -- Snagglepuss.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

The Flintstones are my all time favorite cartoon character and my favorite cartoon as well!

Contributor

@luv-the-Q, so nice of you to reply. Not only do I remember the Sniffles Christmas cartoon, I have it on DVD and Bluray. I bought them from Amazon last year. It's a 2-disc collection of almost all of "Sniffles" cartoons and a few other mouse cartoons. But it has the Christmas episode on there along with alot of my other favorites. It's the Chuck Jones Collection, he's the creator of Sniffles. Your so welcome, take care.

Respected Contributor

bugs bunny . pink panther.

Frequent Contributor

Classics: Bugs Bunny/ Road Runner/Peppe le Pue

Flintstones

Raggedy Ann & Andy Specials

Jetsons

Sat AM Cartoons: Dungeons & Dragons

Also: Pinky & The Brain

Today - South Park - absolutely nothing is sacred on that show.

I own & love ALL animated Christmas specials!!!

but all time favorite has to be Smurfs!!!! My whole childhood revolved around the little blue friends, their mushroom houses, Gargamel & Azreal. I amassed a huge collection of smurfs & toys that I still have today. I would play with them & my Strawberry Shortcake and Sea Wees toys for hours on end!

Honored Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

My faves are from way back!

Betty Boop

Casper the Friendly Ghost

Mighty Mouse

Donald and Daisy Duck

YOURS?

Great topic, I love Fog Horn Leg Horn, that rooster is soooo funny.  Looney Tunes are great.  Mel Blanc a genius.Smiley Happy  And of course Bugs Bunny.  Whats up doc. LOL.