Honored Contributor

After reading how many of us didn't like The Good Wife series finale, it got me thinking about what shows got it right. Four that come to mind are St Elsewhere (Tommy who was autistic imagined the whole thing as he stared into a snowglobe), Newhart (all a dream as he woke up in bed with Emily,Suzanne Pleshette from Bob Newhart Show), Mary Tyler Moore (Ted is the only one staying at the station and the group move to the tissues on Mary's desk), and Lost (still not sure I understood everything but loved this show). What shows do you think got it right?

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Series Finales

[ Edited ]

I don't watch this show but didn't at all realize this was THE END.  Too bad for those who did watch.  I know what it's like to lose a show you really enjoy.

I have a few that I'll lose for the season but I'm already looking forward to summer series getting ready to begin - one for sure "Mistresses".

Esteemed Contributor

The series finale for "Six Feet Under" was brilliant!  Most people who watched this show would agree.  

Esteemed Contributor
Because nobody will think of it - I loved the "Psych" finale on USA Network. Gave everyone a nice, feel good ending. We even got a Monk "siting". Makes me smile thinking about it - they were always thoughtful of their fans.
Valued Contributor

One of the first shows that came to mind that I thought really did it right in how they ended was, Everybody Loves Raymond.  One of the worst endings (in my opinion) of all time had to be, Seinfeld.  I didn't watch The Good Wife so unfortunately I can't comment on the ending, however, it does feel like a big let-down when it ends on the wrong note.  You feel you could have come up with a better ending as a fan of the show.  Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

Citrine2 wrote:

The series finale for "Six Feet Under" was brilliant!  Most people who watched this show would agree.  

Yup!    This was probably my favorite series finale ever.

The 'Newhart' series finale, of course, was classic.  BTW, that wil be on Thurs (5/12) at 10pm on the Antenna TV channel.  I am recording it because it's been so long since I last saw it.   I don't even recall if the entirety of the episode was good, but the very end was pure gold!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

St. Elsewhere was the very best. Left me with my mouth open.

Valued Contributor

Breaking Bad IMO was the best. I'm rewatching on Netflix. Superb writing, acting is top notch.  

Helen852
Super Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

Breaking Bad IMO was the best. I'm rewatching on Netflix. Superb writing, acting is top notch.  

I agree with Breaking Bad.  I also liked the ending to House. I had mixed feelings about it for a while, but finally decided that it was a suitable ending.  Also liked the ending to MASH.

Occasional Contributor
Parenthood! Loved how it took it beyond and showed what happened with the characters. Also liked Friends & Frasier.