Respected Contributor

Re: 👗FINALE SPOILERS!!!👗ProjectRunway AllStars 5 Discussion

I would have been fine with any of the final 3 collections winning.  They all had pieces that I liked and I am just blown away that they created all those looks in 4 days.

I actually thought that Kini was going to win based on the comments, but good for Dom.  I really liked her first dress.  I actually liked all 3 of the 1st looks.  Ken's pants were awesome and I loved the skirt and jacket that Kini made.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen the show yet, but I'm thrilled to hear that Dom won!! Love her. I am soooo bummed that QVC wasn't involved this season and her designs won't be as accessible to me. :-(

I admit that I'm happy Ken (and Alexander) came back. A few seasons ago, there was a Facebook competition to bring one of three designers back - the two who lost were Ken and Alexander. At the time, I was vocal on how I didn't think they deserved it after how they left their season and were selected only for drama. Of course, for the drama, the producers brought them back anyways. And, I'm glad they had the opportunity to change my mind.
Respected Contributor

I wanted Kini to win. I like both Kini and Dom

and I think Ken became more likable this

season, I think he's maturing and less

angry.   Ken's collection had some weird fit

problems but was still nice.

Kini had some really pretty dresses.  Dom is

really creative but I didn't like her

painted design that looked like a big

bright plaid.   Considering they created

all those garments in 4 days though ---

wow!   Great job all of them and a very

nice runway show!

I liked that they had PR contestants in 

the audience and Laura Geller was there

too.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

I think the basis of choosing Dom was her prints.  She also won her season on Project Runway.  I thought all three were talented.

Honored Contributor

Wow, fun show!!! I agree, I can not believe they made all those outfits in 4 days, I was exhausted just watching them LOL!

I thought Kini would win too, though some of the fabrics he chose bordered on "Golden Girls". While I personally liked them, the same designs in a different fabric may have made a difference to the judges.

I actually like a couple of Ken's things but they looked more normal, off the rack & not designer IMO.

Personally, I did not care for Dom's painted fabric AT ALL, it looked like a hot mess to me. 

Respected Contributor

What a good finale! I thought all three collections were outstanding! I figured Dom would win since I liked her outfits the least. Of course I base it on what I would wear and Ken's collection is more my style. Obviously I have no real fashion sense compared to what the judges are looking for.

I was happy with the three finalists and wish them well.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie

Thanks newziesuzie for all your reminder posts this season!!!

When do we start again LOL???

Honored Contributor

Based on the (edited) critiques we heard, Dom's seemed the most negative and Kini's the most positive.  Right then and there, I knew Dom would win. (much to my dismay)

I've always been a fan of Kini.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree I liked Dom's collection the least. I did not see any style. I would not have bought any of her designs. I liked Ken's and Kini. Kini's had the most imagination and creativity. I thought for sure he was going to win. Well, another disappointment from this show.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched it yet, spoilers don't bother me.

Makes you wonder if the reason Dom won was because of her comment about it being awesome if she were the first female winner of PR All Stars.