Honored Contributor

Has anyone seen this movie on CNN? What did you think of it?

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Has anyone seen this movie on CNN? What did you think of it?

I remember that nut's shows and never watched them, so I will avoid them now as well.  He was a mad man as far as I'm concerned.  A real low life.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Enough violence, violent attitudes.  Mostly my tv is shut down because of all the negatives out there.  Don't really need more.  

Honored Contributor

I watched this yesterday.   All I can say is - YIKES!    Such hostility.

All I really remembered from him was that he was hostile and smoked a LOT.     Appropriate that they tied in to - well, you know - the nuts we have today who try, so successfully with certain ilks, to cultivate that same kind of hostility with giant doses of bs.

Anyway, it was interesting in a freakshow kind of way.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it last night.  I pretty much agree with what chickenbutt has to say about it.  I fell asleep about 3/4 of the way through the show.  

Trusted Contributor

I watched it today; I found it to be enlightening.  He was a narcicist who needed to be in front of an audience to feel loved or at least special, it seemed. 

However, this show made history.... the Tawana Brawley case was proven to be nonsense because of this show.... it also is the precursor to some of the shows we have seen since.  I think it has also precluded some of talk radio...

I was glad i was patient enough to watch it and see what this movie had to offer.

Respected Contributor

I would like to see this.  Didn't he apologize to some people he offended before he died?

Honored Contributor

This is not OT. Watched an Ironside that guest starred Milton Berle as a Mort Downey type host. Kudos to Uncle Miltie. When I watched Evocateur I could see how Berle had the body language,everything down perfectly.

Esteemed Contributor

We watched it.  I remember that show.  He had his audience, guess he was the model for Springer and that ilk.  I suppose there will always be a niche for that kind of stuff. You watch it and get shocked then realize it's boring and base. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth