Respected Contributor

Empire....now bored to death

I love this show the first year but last night I tried to watch and it just bored me to death.  I deleted the timer on my dvr.

Honored Contributor

Re: Empire....now bored to death

I loved Empire the 1st season!  Watched three episodes of the 2nd season and thought, "what happened to it???!!!"  Stopped watching at that point.  I have no idea what has happened in the show since then.

Respected Contributor

@chiclet - I totally agree - the first year I was on the edge of my seat every show - second year I got about half way through and stopped.  This year haven't even looked - the music was awesome in the first year - even downloaded some of their music - now even the music sucks.  Love the characters, but the story lines lost me at some point.

Respected Contributor

Glad to know it is not just me.

Honored Contributor

I loved the first season, too.  I watched a couple of episodes this season and then deleted it from my DVR.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Same here.  Gosh, when this show first came on air, I really loved it.  Couldn't wait for Wednesday's to get here as each episode was so exciting.  But after Lucious married Boo Boo Kitty, I just lost interest.  Haven't watched in ages.  

Honored Contributor

I wish I could be like you ladies and quit a show. Once I have invested my time by seasons, I'm all in, good or bad!

Honored Contributor

I quit watching it when the neighbor called the police on what's his name.  It just seemed too political and I kept thinking if this family was so famous and they lived next door to them, I would think they'd know who he was.

There were other things but that really finished it off for me.  Plus I loved it when Jesse (can't remember TV names) would sing.  It was so amazing, but I got tired of all of the rapping, etc.

It just made it seem like so many African Americans were supposed to be rappers or get in trouble and it was too distorted.

Honored Contributor

It was a one seasonwonder but I'm done with it now.  I won't watch it next season because it's just more of the same, over and over and over again.  The same thing has happened to Scandal.  It took a left turn on Bizarre St. and can't find it's way back home.