Esteemed Contributor

I finally saw this movie last week.  I love Julia Roberts but that movie was awful!  So boring, couldn't finish it.

Honored Contributor

I tried the book first, same thing, didn't bother with the movie.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't mind the movie but I did have a hard time feeling empathy for the main character. That could be a Julia Roberts thing though, I don't know. She annoys me sometimes. I haven't read the book.

Honored Contributor

I was surfing recently and landed on it, but I'd already missed the Italy section.  After I'd watched the remains, I realized I probably didn't miss anything.

I agree -- not a good film.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Boring movie. I am not a Julia Fan. She plays pretty much h the same in every role. Her Lancome commercials are the worst.  I think her range peaked at Steel Magnolias. Any character after that is just another version of Shelby. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't like the movie, either. 

Although I haven't seen a Julia Roberts movie that I've liked in awhile, I do think she was really good in some movies after Steel Magnolia.  A few I've liked are:  Notting Hill (LOVE that movie), Erin Brockovich, Pretty Woman, My Best Friend's Wedding, and Mystic Pizza (Mystic Pizza was actually before her breakout performance in Steel Magnolias).  She was good in The Normal Heart, too.  I haven't seen any of her most recent movies.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

Julia Roberts had nothing to do with it being a BORING movie.  It would have been boring no matter who played the lead role.

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Julia Roberts had nothing to do with it being a BORING movie.  It would have been boring no matter who played the lead role.

I agree. It was a snooze. I just added the part about Julia in general. I am sure I like actresses that others think couldn't act their way out of a paper bag,LOL.  For example, I think Angelina Jolie is really good. I wAsn't intending to be rude.Apologies! 

Respected Contributor

@birkin baby   I think Angelina Jolie is really talented, too.  In both acting and directing (not to mention her philanthropy).

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

I agree. It was a snooze. I just added the part about Julia in general. I am sure I like actresses that others think couldn't act their way out of a paper bag,LOL.  For example, I think Angelina Jolie is really good. I wAsn't intending to be rude.Apologies! 

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you or your post!  No apology needed!