Honored Contributor

Drew Cary and The Price Is Right!

OK, so those of you who know me here know of my love for watching game shows.  (I think I feel like it balances out my love for masculine beat the heck out of people TV shows I watch).  Not gory but shows most males like.

Anyway, I love the way people are happy and they win money.  I'm all for winning money (aren't you)?

Well, just today I saw two really, really large guys come up on stage with Drew.  I'd read that he had (maybe still does) some major back issues (I think because people hug and lean hard on him when they win).

Some of these people really get carried away.  Not long ago I saw two men actually pick Drew up off of the ground so excited.  I wasn't sure when I know Bob picked him to replace him. 

But now I love him on this show.  I like the funny little jokes he makes during the show.  Most of them go over other people's heads (you have to be listening), but they aren't mean and they are funny.

There's a large guy on now and Drew is probably thinking, 'just go over to the prize'.  It has to hurt him.

All part of the job.  I don't remember way back though people picking up Bob or being so agressive with him.  Do you guys?

Honored Contributor

Re: Drew Cary and The Price Is Right!

Yeah, I don't remember Bob Barker being 'attacked' like Drew has been.  Maybe people feel more comfortable with him because he was a comedian and a sitcom star - who knows, right?  Smiley Happy

But, just coming from my own POV, I sure wouldn't want to be him.   Even if there weren't pain issues, and I totally have enough of that already, I am not big on being touched by strangers, much less hugged like crazy and picked up!  yikes!  hehe

I haven't watched the show lately, though.  Hope Drew has continued to be healthy.  It seems like, last I heard, he had a good and happy life going.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt He got his life organized he said and got healthy.  I also read where he had lasik surgery and doesn't need the glasses and tried to not wear them but he's so known with the glasses he started wearing them again.  

Honored Contributor

For so many years, Bob Barker looked so fragile even I would have been scared he'd crack if i hugged him!

Respected Contributor

I seem to remember Bob Barker having to dodge a few overenthusiastic contestants.  Don't think they tried to lift him up, tho! Steve Harvey used to do a funny comedy bit about game show contestants - Who knew that someday, he'd be a game show host!

Honored Contributor

I've never understood why they don't (prior to the show) advise the audience that they are not to "man-handle" the host (or the models).  I can understand enthusiasm, but I can't understand some of the behavior.  And not just the men.  How about the women who jump on him and wrap their legs around him?  Geesh!!!!!!!!!!!  But aside from that, I do enjoy Drew and think he's been a great replacement for Bob Barker.  And I also adore George Gray!

Respected Contributor

We watch this program every morning.  When Drew Carey was first named to replace Bob, I was disappointed;  but, he has turned out to be perfect for the program.  

I believe he had shoulder surgery about a year ago.

I don't know how he puts up with those girls jumping on him and some of the men picking him up.  So intrusive on his personal space.