Honored Contributor

I have been watching it ,since last year ,i really like it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. blake mysteries on pbs

My local PBS station also started airing it last year and I love it! The characters are all very interesting, I love the period, and it's interesting learning about Australia at that time.

I watch  Murdoch Mysteries and Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries on Saturday and then Father Brown and Doctor Blake on Sunday or Monday - the whole period-drama package. When Grantchester was the Masterpiece Mysteries series, it was an even bigger period drama weekend.

Respected Contributor

Love the Dr. Blake series!  Wonderful characters, settings, time period, great acting.

Honored Contributor

And if you watch "A Place To Call Home", another Australian PBS series, you'll notice that the doctor on that show was Supt. Munro on "Dr. Blake" this season. 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette

Yes!  I was trying to place that actor, couldn't quite remember where he was from as he is so very stern and severe in the Dr. Blake show.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I love all the mysteries on PBS.   'Midsomer Murders' is my favorite, then 'Rosemary and Thyme', but they are all great mysteries.

Esteemed Contributor

We have several PBS stations and none of them offer Dr. Blake mysteries or A Place To Call Home.  Is there another name for these and can anyone tell me when they are aired?  Thanks.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

We have several PBS stations and none of them offer Dr. Blake mysteries or A Place To Call Home.  Is there another name for these and can anyone tell me when they are aired?  Thanks.

"Dr. Blake" just finished its season and in our area will be re-airing earlier seasons, but I don't know if all PBS stations air the reruns.  It airs on Saturdays here, after "Father Brown".  (9pm CDT)

"A Place To Call Home", also set in the 1950s in Australia, airs here on Thursdays, typically after "Doc Martin", although lately he hasn't always been on here.  (9pm CDT)

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting @goldensrbest.  Just recorded this.  Have never seen it before.

Respected Contributor

So well written, characters and all.  I enjoy it.