Honored Contributor

Dr. Phil - Wednesday (Today - 9/14/2016) Are You Kidding Me? Is This For Real?

I never watch Dr. Phil because I can't stand him.  However, I've been out today, came in and (while changing clothes in the bedroom) I see him on TV with this punk 13 year old girl (fake nails many inches long) just looking terrible.  I couldn't understand what she was saying.  Then Dr Phil says, "What education did you get"?  This girl says, "That's street talk".  This is a young petite Caucasian girl (who wouldn't know 'street smart' if it kicked her upside the head!

Is this kid for real?  I find it hard to believe she's gone on as long as she has without Juvenile detention.  She's unbelievably out of control.  Stealing cars (13 years old), wrecking them, robbing people, unbelievable!

Has anyone else seen this?  She even punched her Mom in the chest (the woman had breast cancer 2 times).  Dr. Phil is giving his bla bla.  I think she needs to spend a few nights in detention.  It's called tough love.

Anyone else see this show?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Phil - Wednesday (Today - 9/14/2016) Are You Kidding Me? Is This For Real?

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66Totally agree with you but, sadly, a few nights won't do what she needs.

Hopefully, the parents will get a grip before she turns sixteen.  That's when parent control decreases to the point your hands are tied.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Phil - Wednesday (Today - 9/14/2016) Are You Kidding Me? Is This For Real?

Thought it was funny when she agreed to go to the ranch to get help while on stage, but, when she left the stage after the show her little 90lb butt tried to leave , BUT, she was surrounded by 4 football players types that guided her out to a waiting van.

Her father was a lot of her problem and I think she may had been molested or something by somebody. Phil alluded to it,but, didn't follow up on it. Kids just don't act like this for no reason. He father had another family and I think abandoned her.

Hopefully, she can get help before she gets older and spends the rest of her life in the State pen.

We, my husband and I, came away with the thought we're glad we're childless. Can U imagine putting up with this your whole life? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The mother obviously allows this behavior. Who buys her the nails, clothes, shoes?

I thought I was a bad teen. Ha! My Mother would have slapped the sheet out of me the first time I disrespected her.

Respected Contributor

So glad I'm not raising children these days!  My children were difficult enough for me to deal with, and that was without cell phones and social media.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch him often - not because of him. It's the phony sounding guests he sometimes has. But I turned it on today thinking this might be one of the JonBenet shows I had heard about.  This girl belongs in some sort of detention. Leaving her on the street and/or leaving her with family is utter foolishness. She needs major control before she injures or possibly kills someone.  She may well be beyond help at this point. I hope they have her hauled away - hopefully to jail where she belongs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I very rarely Watch DR Phil but did see todays show. OMG...there is much more to the story of this girl and her mother. Something tragic had to happen to her. So many questions were not answered. Why hasn't she been in school since she was in 7th grade for the first one. I am thinking she was molested or worse. I think she and her mother need treatment asap. The ranch they were sending her to didn't look rigid enough for a girl so far gone. She appeared to need intense treatment.

Honored Contributor

Today I had lunch with my oldest daughter (43).  She's the only one who lives near.  We usually have lunch specifically when school starts (she has 4 children in 4 different schools).

I do have 3 daughters.  They are now adults, 2 married, one with 4 children, 1 with 3 children.  My daughters have given me more than I've ever given them.  I waited 7 years to have a child and I've never regretted it for one minute.  It wasn't always easy but it still wasn't as hard as it could have been (based on what I hear from others).  I think a lot of it revolves around RESPECT.  Respect for themselves, for the parents and for everyone else.  

I totally raised myself.  I had a very difficult childhood.  I could do anything I wanted to do, but I never got in trouble, just chose not to.  Not a goody-two-shoes, just made a decision to 'be different' from my family.

I believe in leading by example.  It's not 'do as I say, not as I do'.  Think about it, children learn to do everything by observation.  If they see us respect ourselves and others, that's the way they'd be.  Just so many things like that.

I just recently had a conversation on the phone with my youngest daughter (36).  She was upset about about a friend.  Whenever I've talked to them I tell them about myself and what happened to me.  When they were young they'd say, "You always make this about you".  I'd say the same thing over and over.  I'd say, "No, I'm explaining that I understand how you feel because I was presented with the same thing, felt the same and here's how I handled it".  Now that they are adults I hear from them, "Mom, thanks for telling me about what happened to you.  I understand what you've always been telling us".  I thought "thank goodness".   It's music to my ears.  I told her the other night, "I let you see the mistakes I've made and that I'm not perfect (warts and all).  It wasn't easy to do that because you want your children to think you're perfect".  Many kids (now adults) don't really know their parents because they don't let them see the 'warts', etc.  

I was lucky because I had my husband's support.  I'd say, "Are we going to have to talk to Dad about this?"  They'd usually say, "Nooooooooo"!  He wasn't mean, he just 'enforced' (otherwise known as talk them to death, etc).

Every family has to figure out what works for them.  That's what we did.

These days often there is no male in the picture.  Women have to earn a living and enforce the rules, everything themselves.  That's too bad.  It's the children and society who end up suffering on all accounts.

I doubt there are many parents who'd say they regret having children (ask when they are adults...Ha).   Sometimes I'll be in a store and I see a flustered Mom with children and I'll keep walking but say, "It might not feel like it right now; but this is the best time of your life with your children".  I really believe that.

Honored Contributor

Hopefully, he will do a follow up. All the mother needs is for that girl to bring home another bundle to raise and with her with her own problems.

Sheesh !  My heart went out to her.  

It's just a different world these days. Not gonna get any better either I'm afraid.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE I totally agree with you.  Today at lunch my daughter was telling me her 14 (just turned) year old daughter came to her with a text message that said a modeling company wanted her.  My daughter looked them up and showed her that it was fake (a gimick).  My son-in-law owns a security business (computers) so he knows all of the tricks and ins and outs but even he has trouble keeping up with these terrible people and their tricks.

It doesn't help that their children are very smart and computer savvy.  Although I think these days even a child that hadn't been around computers much could pick it up and learn very quickly.  They are so simple these days, even for seniors.

I used to say to my husband (after the girls were adults), I'd say, "We should have had more children".  He'd always laugh and say, "And who'd take care of them?  You and I would be in a mental institution, especially you".  I think he was right, especilly these days!