Honored Contributor

Dr. Phil - Tuesday - July 19, 2016

I was in and out of the TV room this afternoon.  Dr. Phil was a repeat (I am pretty sure) because I remembered the young blond woman crying about her daughter who was adopted and she couldn't see.  I think (as always with me) I'd seen a small segment of it before.

Then I came back in the room to hear Dr. Phil announce that Robin would be more surprised than she'd ever been in her life (something like that).  

Robin acted like a school girl!  Good grief!  I'm thinking...Wow!  Rolling Stones!  Wow!  Boys to Men!, I felt like they were really big but hadn't been seen performing in awhile!

Well, for those who didn't see it.....it was his and Robin's son and his band (with his girlfriend).  Good grief!  Dr. Phil is famous for promoting HIS and HIS WIFE's things (remember the skin care line of her's)?

It would even bother me but she was unbelievable!  She was almost in the floor (talking about shaking and yelling..."No!".  

I just don't care for him.  I guess maybe he helps people (I have no idea).  It seems like I end up watching pieces of this show, The Talk and a few others and I'm always busting on them.  I promise I don't watch them regularly, it's all about their timing with me.  Ha!

ps  I like it when parents are fond of their children, but I don't know that this was the venue.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. Phil - Tuesday - July 19, 2016

That was a repeat of his Mother's Day show.  His gift to Robin was to have their son on the show.

Esteemed Contributor

She is so phony.  All her actions are so exaggerated.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Robin has been shilling beauty products, books, etc. for years. She thinks she's an authority on everything under the sun. I'm so over it. 

I also found her reaction to her son's band being on very strange. She was probably excited because he was doing what she likes to do best, self-promote.

Respected Contributor

The Dr. Phil show has commercials about every 3 to 4 minutes it seems.  Between those, the Dr. Phil family is selling their own stuff.  Had enough!!!

Valued Contributor

Robin's skincare line is still very much in existence, sold in boutiques, etc.  Last I heard, it's also sold in other countries.  I've never tried it, but it sounds like a lot of women like it.

I only very rarely watch Dr. Phil, but I see a lot of disgust by posters on these boards, claiming he's too self promoting of himself and his family.  Huh??  It's called the Dr. Phil Show!  Even though I'm not interested, I see absolutely nothing wrong with him promoting products, events, whatever, regarding himself or his family. 

The way some people get upset about it all, you'd think he was on PBS.  He's not, it's his own show, not supported by donations.

As is often said,we can turn the channel if we don't approve.

Honored Contributor

She was embarrassingly phoney and over exaggerated. I almost could not watch.  I have never heard of Dr. Phil's Son's band before.....they were not very good. He better have a day job.

Honored Contributor

I've watched talk/variety shows for many years and don't recall any host making his wife such a huge part of his show.  Seriously, they don't need to continue to pitch products all the time on Dr. Phil's show. Don't they have enough money? It has gotten out of control. They have started to sound like the most greedy family!

Occasional Contributor

Funny I actually sent his producers a letter regarding this very topic several yearsportray ago. I am not aware of any advanced degree  Robin has earned to be such an the "expert. I think her charity work with Domestic Violence is admirable but  she is not a PHD nor a Social Worker (I atteneded college for 6 plus years to be a social worker, she just married a PHD)

His family self promoting is on the verge of obnoxious.

I quit watching several years ago for this reason. I am not sure why her products are no longer avaliable on HSN.

As for my letter, no change no response

Occasional Contributor

Sorry for the type O