Honored Contributor

I just got a book called Downtown Abbey A Celebration. Very nice.You can check it out on Amazon. Highly recommend it.

Honored Contributor

I received this book on Friday, and I agree that if you are a fan you will really enjoy it. I'm going to buy it for a friend who is also a big Downton fan.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation.  It would be fun if the writer of the series would put out a series of books with the characters from Downton Abbey.

I know I would read them.

Respected Contributor

There is a series of books (8 so far) by an author named Ginny Dye called the Bregdan Chronicles. They are historical fiction and if you like Downton Abbey I think you will enjoy reading this series.  Books are available to download on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Wish they would show a whole hr. show instead of 40-45 min. I always feel cheated.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE It's because in England it's shown with commercials. So we only get it for 50 minutes, allowing for the commercials. I'd rather have it this way-no commercials.

Trusted Contributor

TX for that little bit of info.  Didin't know they showed with commercials in the UK.  Rather watch it without those!

Honored Contributor

Didn't know that either down here in the panhandle of Tx. they cut me off at quarter till 9.   I'm left going "what, what"............. LOL

My sister up in Ind tells me 'Mr. Selfridge' starts in March the conclusion of his life. I've got that one to watch, 'Cromwell', and another one or so to keep up with. In 2017 they're doing a series on the life of Queen Victoria.

I'm a English history nut, so, I'll be waiting for that one. LOL

Honored Contributor

Here in the DC area they show clips of parts of other shows to fill up the time.

It's very entertaining.  I look forward to it.

Honored Contributor

First i need to say,as i have said before ,I LOVE THIS SERIES, but i feel they are rushing us towards the end,too fast, i am a little disappointed, never would i have thought i would feel that way,before now.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.