Respected Contributor

Don't know if this has been posted but PBS is having a Downton Abbey Marathon begining Friday night, September 2.

Honored Contributor

So will this start from the very beginning?  I never watched an episode and would like to start, but it would be best from the beginning.

Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Don't know if this has been posted but PBS is having a Downton Abbey Marathon begining Friday night, September 2.

@deeva Thanks so much for posting this! Heart

I wouldn't have known.

Honored Contributor

@deeva

Great .....   I have 5 seasons on DVD but would like to record Season 6.

Thanks !!!

Honored Contributor

T hank you,i miss this show so much.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Because we have several local PBS stations in the area it seems as if one or more are always running one of the seasons of Downton Abbey.  That said anyone who came to the party late/or has never seen an episode, a marathon is the best option.  

I committed to the DVDs inspite of the frequent broadcast airings and streaming.  Reason being my enjoyment doesn't seem to wane no matter how many times I watch Downton -- whether it's reviewing an entire season, or a specific episode.  

Happy viewing!

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

So will this start from the very beginning?  I never watched an episode and would like to start, but it would be best from the beginning.

Yes, they will start with episode one from 2011.

Honored Contributor

I never saw the first or second season.  Looking forward to it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey Marathon

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

HI.  Always happy to see Downton Abbey re-runs.  I setup my DVR.  Unfortunately, the episodes according to my Dish Network Hopper Receiver jump from episode 1 Season 1 all the way to Seasons 4 & 5 running from 9/2 to 9/3/16.  Not sure if PBS is the same with all providers etc.  I seem to recall in the past that PBS in different areas are different.  Also, there is PBS, PBS HD, and aother suffix for PBS I cannot recall, so it can get confusing.

Sorry if this disappoints you.  I prefer seeing all from start to finish, but does not look like that will be happening.

Honored Contributor

I just set my DVR for Friday night 9pm .... it starts with the first episode, as I see it listed.  It's about the Titanic sinking and what it means for Robert .... and Lady Mary.

However ..........   has anyone else noticed the shows during the week called "I Miss Downton Abbey" ?    

They look like new compilations of never before seen clips, etc.   I can't tell if there's a few of them, or they're running the same hour a few times next week.  Just giving you a heads up.