Honored Contributor

Dolly Parton Fans

[ Edited ]

Hallmark's Home and Family is in Dollywood this week. 

Dolly is more or less the host, doing a great job singing and sharing stories.

I'm only able to catch a little bit here and there as we're away from home, but made sure I was taping it at my house.

She is celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary with her husband, who is always out of the picture.  I'm hoping he makes an appearance at some point. 

For the most part, what I've seen is enjoyable.  The show comes on at 10 a.m. all week and a repeat of the previous day's show follows at noon.

Shout out to @chickenbutt, I think you'd like this, too!

ETA: Tomorrow (Wed.) her family members will be on.  I look forward to that.

Honored Contributor

We've been to Dollywood, we even have a picture of us in her travel trailer she use to use. TN. is wonderful. 

Respected Contributor

Dollywood is just a great place.  I was there a few years ago.  You can't help but be happy there; unless you hate crowds, I guess.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Lucky Charm!  I'm not familiar with this show but I'm going to write this down and check it out on my living room Tivo after the cleaning lady leaves.  Smiley Happy

I don't even know how one couldn't love this woman!  She is just so sweet and always herself.

I don't think I've seen a picture of her husband for the longest time!

Esteemed Contributor

I read somewhere that Dolly and Carl were going to renew their vows with a big flashy wedding (and yes, he agreed to it).  They money they receive for coverage and pictures will go to charity. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

We've been to Dollywood, we even have a picture of us in her travel trailer she use to use. TN. is wonderful. 

She said they just renewed their vows and plan to take off to the place they were married (in GA) in their travel trailer.

Dolly's gone a'campin!

Honored Contributor

We may head there someday.  It seems like it's a fun time for all.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

I read somewhere that Dolly and Carl were going to renew their vows with a big flashy wedding (and yes, he agreed to it).  They money they receive for coverage and pictures will go to charity. 

They just renewed their vows, she actually had that wedding gown and shoes on the show, and the original shoes she wore when they married 50 years ago.  Her mother made her first wedding dress.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks, Lucky Charm!  I'm not familiar with this show but I'm going to write this down and check it out on my living room Tivo after the cleaning lady leaves.  Smiley Happy

I don't even know how one couldn't love this woman!  She is just so sweet and always herself.

You didn't like the (Home and Family) show, lol.

But this time it's way different.  The hosts are the guests at Dollywood.  

It's really toned down---Dolly is a smooth, calm talker.  Even when she's yelling-- she's still kinda whispering.

I hope you are able to catch it--and enjoy it!  I dont' think I've ever seen anything televised from Dollywood before.  It's on all week, it started on Memorial Day.

Honored Contributor

Lucky charm wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

You didn't like the (Home and Family) show, lol.

But this time it's way different.  The hosts are the guests at Dollywood.  

It's really toned down---Dolly is a smooth, calm talker.  Even when she's yelling-- she's still kinda whispering.

I hope you are able to catch it--and enjoy it!  I dont' think I've ever seen anything televised from Dollywood before.  It's on all week, it started on Memorial Day.

What?   No, I don't even know if I like the show yet as I had never heard of it.   I did find another airing of today's episode to record (on tomorrow) and tomorrow's episode.  But there wasn't another of the Monday episode.  Smiley Sad

I've seen a few things over the years that were televised from Dollywood.  It looks like quite the place!  Smiley Happy