Trusted Contributor

Re: Dig: USA Orders New Event Series

I have seen some familiar street and road signs. I have been in the tunnels by the Western Walls, but they had mostly low ceilings and no pond to swim in! The market where he first spotted the red-haired girl looked the same. I have also been to Meggido (said to be the site of Armegeddon). I don't remember mosaics there, but I have seen other mosaics at similar archeological sites. In Jerusalem, most of the buildings are made with this lovely golden stone, so they seem to glow at sunset.
Honored Contributor

I FINALLY got my daughter to explain some of the things on Dig to me. I was put off because I thought he'd had s^,e..X with the girl with the red hair because she reminded him of his daughter. My daughter explained the entire episode to me and I was sooooo wrong (not surprise there).

I spent about 10 minutes begging her not to give up on the show (I need her to explain stuff to me) Ha! The jury's still out if she'll continue.

I told her this last episode (which she didn't see) that it would explain some things to her.

Anyone else see it?

Respected Contributor

It's on USA all day today if you want to catch up - the first episode is on now. I rewatched, Emma kissed Peter, he didn't really respond, and that was as far as it went.

Honored Contributor

Yes, my daughter explained some of that to me. Now I feel better about that episode.

Honored Contributor

I watch, love. There was a news story that they might have to film elsewhere. Watching the real Jerusalem adds so much to the intrigue. Hope they don't move.
Respected Contributor

They did move it, and it was filmed a while ago. The first episode was all shot in Jerusalem. Later episodes, they had trouble blocking off traffic and people for the street scenes, and with some more dangerous areas. So they filmed the rest in Croatia and New Mexico. They said the Roman architecture was similar enough (though I can tell some places aren't in Jerusalem). I am watching it too and still intrigued.

Honored Contributor

I usually watch it at least 2 times to understand what's going on.

Respected Contributor

It's on tonight - Annabelle, viewing number one for both of us!

Honored Contributor

Thanks Desi! You rock! Here's what I do...I watch it and I tape it at around 2:00AM (guessing time) in the middle of the night for number 2!

Respected Contributor

Annabelle,thanks! If I could still tape I would too, lol! Anyway, I think the replay is at 1:00 AM. The movie, The Mechanic, right after the first showing, is really good too!