Honored Contributor

David Letterman's Mom Dies At 95 Yrs.

Letterman's mom, Dorothy, who was frequently featured on the show, died on Tuesday at 95. "The soft-spoken woman was a staple of the “Late Show with David Letterman,” appearing in segments via satellite on from her Indiana kitchen."

http://pagesix.com/2017/04/12/david-lettermans-mom-a-fan-favorite-dies-at-95/

Honored Contributor

Re: David Letterman's Mom Dies At 95 Yrs.

Aww, I used to love it when Dave had his mom on the show. She lived a good long life.🌷

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Dorothy,

Image result for rest in peace pics

Honored Contributor

That is sad... My Father passed away at 95 a year ago... he was still living alone and driving himself to appointments and to the store,  had no help at all.  It just was very sudden.  Hard to lose a parent. 

Honored Contributor

She sure seemed to be a total sweetheart.  I always enjoyed her kitchen segments...."Oh, Daa-vid"

Esteemed Contributor

She was a joy to watch & listen to. By their interactions you could see how much they loved each other.Dorothy was lucky to have lived long enough to see her son retire from a successful career. RIP!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

May Dorothy RIP🌹 I lost my mom on Easter Sunday, 1998.  I miss my beautiful mother more than ever!🌹

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that. I am planning my mother's 95th birthday party. She'll be 95 one month from today. All my cousins are coming, which is wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

She sure seemed to be a total sweetheart.  I always enjoyed her kitchen segments...."Oh, Daa-vid"

@tansy  I know!  Makes you wonder how David turned out to be so mean-spirited!  Maybe he takes after his father.....?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@tansy  I know!  Makes you wonder how David turned out to be so mean-spirited!  Maybe he takes after his father.....?

I don't think he was mean spirited, he just didn't suffer fools gladly. If you came on the show you had better bring something to the table, he didn't fawn unnecessarily.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan