Honored Contributor

Re: David Cassidy slurs, falls, forgets during concert

@cherry I agree with that one too!  It's always easier to give advice than to take it, unfortunately.

Esteemed Contributor

It saddened me to watch that video.  I saw him in concert several years ago and he put on an excellent show.  His voice, in person, is spectacular.  

Valued Contributor

Seems a snarky thread start up, no compassion for someone so ill.  I work with adolescents and families afflicted by this disease.  It's very frustrating at times....but filled with hope and compassion!  I adored DC growing up!  I remember how sad it was when his dad passed from this disease.  

Honored Contributor

Perhaps it was drugs or alcohol but maybe he had a stroke or some other medical emergency. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Perhaps it was drugs or alcohol but maybe he had a stroke or some other medical emergency. 

@chrystaltree  No. just  his addiction.

Super Contributor

@FIFI 1  -  If I remeber correctly, Jack Cassidy perished in a fire.

@Fifi1 wrote:

Seems a snarky thread start up, no compassion for someone so ill.  I work with adolescents and families afflicted by this disease.  It's very frustrating at times....but filled with hope and compassion!  I adored DC growing up!  I remember how sad it was when his dad passed from this disease.  

Respected Contributor

Sigh. My first celebrity crush!  I must have been four!!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

While I do have empathy for him....someone....his manager should've not allowed him to go on stage.  A waste of time and money for the audience. A waste of time for the band.....as they were clearly the only professionals on stage that night.  Grow up David.....alcoholics know what's gonna happen after that first drink....during that drink.....no good....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

People who criticize those who have problems with alcohol or drugs have had one of two things happen in their lives, they have a family member or someone they are close to who who've suffered with these diseases and 1)they take it personally and think it's about THEM or 2)they've never seen up close the devestation and pain these diseases cause for everyone.

Most people have been touched by this is some way.  Some more than others.  There's a very find line the loved one has to walk when dealing with someone with this disease.  It's difficult not to be drawn in and become an enabler in one's quest to show empathy.

I have had several family members with this disease.  My own Father who raised me was a functioning alcoholic.  Should I say and feel what some have said here?

It's true the person has to help themselves.  However, it doesn't do any good to cast them out of our lives and condem them.

I have always gone by the phrase, "Judge not...unless you will be judged".  Like some people have no time for those with these diseases, I say "I don't waste my time surrounding myself with those who condem, while not offering help."  

@Annabellethecat66  Thank you. I really don't have a family member with alcoholism but it irks me to see people so brutal with those that do. 

Trusted Contributor

I am a big big fan of David, saw him in Madison Square Garden in NY in 1972, 1991 concerts on the east coast, and from 2001-2007.  His second ex-wife, Meryl Tanz, just reported about an hour or so ago that he has dementia.  I still have tons and tons of teen magazines about David.