Respected Contributor

Re: David Canary/Adam Chandler

Aw, he managed to make Adam and Stewart look like different people.  Very good actor.  I'm sorry to hear he died.

Honored Contributor

The Stuart-Marion Colby plots were among my favorites. Both actors were playing against type, and the joke about Stuart being better than Adam in the boudoir never failed to use.

He was the same Adam in the online version in a very brief stint.

He will be missed.

Honored Contributor

He was so lovable as Stuart on All My Children. I remember him falling in love with Cindy, the young mother afflicted with AIDS. My sympathy to David's wife and children.
Respected Contributor

A very fine actor, indeed.  My sympathies to his family and he RIP.

Valued Contributor

In the obituary, the family asked for donations to an Alzheimer's Charity in lieu of flowers. I don't know if that means that he suffered from it, but it is possible.

He was certainly a very good actor, and while  one of the characters he played on AMC was not very likeable, the other one was very lovable. To be able to play both characters so convincingly took a lot of skill. He will be missed.

Respected Contributor

Oh wow, I hadn't heard about this either. RIP. 

Valued Contributor

I just saw this on my Facebook wall.

David Canary was a wonderful actor. He did win best actor quite a few times, but I always thought he should win every year.He played Adam and Stuart perfectly... made it seem like two different people.

The actor played the dual role of twins Adam and Stuart Chandler on the ABC soap opera for nearly three decades.

david canary.jpg