Respected Contributor

I think ABC's decision to add Paula Deen to the "STARS" is too controversial.

I realize that this is for "entertainment" purposes only but there are so many others.

It also seems that the "star" quality of people has also gone down. 

Respected Contributor

She will probably be the first one voted out.  I also think they are running out of "stars".

Respected Contributor

I disagree, Bling....I don't think Paula is important enough to be controversial .

The "star" quality never went down, to me.......Every season I wonder who 3/4's of the so-called stars are......I don't watch the show but, for me, the name recognition doesn't exist.

Contributor

I respectfully disagree. I love Paula. Time to move on. Go Bindi!

Honored Contributor

She will be the perfect contestant for them.  She is shameless. 

Honored Contributor

I just heard Tom Bergerone (sp) from Dancing With the Stars and Funniest Home Videos on Entertainment Weekly XM Radio a few days ago.  He was there mainly to talk about that he's going to be on Do You Know Who You Are (TLC).

It was very interesting.  He told a lot about both shows.  He's amazing, funny without even trying to be funny.

Anyway, as regards to this show he said the training is grueling.  He said a lot of 'stars' are asked if they want to be on it, but many do not have the time to devote to the show.  He said there are more injuries than they actually show on TV and it's only because there's something in people who want to be in front of a camera that keeps these people going; that the average person would say, 'to heck with this, this is very hard'.

He also said he and the 'group' (meaning some dancers, all of the staff (i.e. producers, directors, etc) traveled to Europe to visit other Dancing With the Stars shows all over the world.  He said every DWTS show is a little different (style) and definitely every dancing area is different.  However, he was asked by the host of EW if the (forget the name of it) but it's the place where they go to talk to the stars after they've danced) is the same and he said, "Surprisingly, that is very similar".

He talked a lot about Do You Know Who You Are but I'll tell about that on the Do You Know Who You Are subject box.

Respected Contributor

Since I wasn't there when whatever happened with Paula, I can't comment on her guilt or innocence.  And please don't clutter up the board with your comments telling me what "really" happened.

Seems to me that Paula has paid rather dearly for whatever, and I think it is time to forget and forgive.  I don't really believe in holding grudges for thirty years - actually not even thirty days. So I don't plan to devote any portion of my life or time to anything that happened before.  I just try to do today and tomorrow as best I can,  and that's quite enough.

Honored Contributor

Sooner wrote:

She will be the perfect contestant for them.  She is shameless. 

Oh my goodness!  I don't think there is a scale to represent how far she will go with this.  I definitely predict it will be embarrassing, to say the least. 

Honored Contributor

I wasn't there either, but I did read what she said in a sworn deposition; I did see her on the today show and the unbelievable comment she made there; and I did see recent photos of her and her boys that I found pretty distasteful.  

Honored Contributor

Well, on a show where there are so many people I wouldn't stop watching it just because one person is on I don't care for.

If that were the case, I wouldn't watch it anymore.  I don't care very much for Carrie Washington, just don't like her, but I love (OK, like) the show, therefore I watch the show.

We are all different.  GOD did a good job making all of us different, that's what makes life wonderful.