Honored Contributor

Re: DWTS Chat ~ Week 12 11.23 & 24.15

I just watched Entertainment Tonight (caught the end of it).  They were giving reasons why Bindi and Derek will probably win it.  I thought they said he'd won it 5 times (not sure), but I do remember that he's won 2 Emmys and they talked about how many people loved her Dad and how she's genuinely an up person (all who meet her say that).

Honored Contributor

I am so in awe of all of these dancers!  I used to want to be a go go dancer when I was young.  My late husband and I would enter and sometimes win dance contests.

I cannot imagine the stamina and strength it takes to be a dancer on one of these shows.

I love the way music is universally loved by everyone.  I cannot imagine anyone not wanting to move when they hear music, even if it's toe tapping.

All of the early one's are here.

Honored Contributor

What happened to the pregnant dancer?  Does anyone see her?  Curious if she's still dancing?

I'm exhausted watching these people and their energy!

Honored Contributor

Yay Len will be back in the spring! I really missed him. 

Valued Contributor

Bindi and the sickening sweetness has worn me down! HA!!   Her freestyle hit some of my heartstrings that haven't twanged in years! 

She is a sweet girl and I hope she wins...I like her Mom too.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't want to spoil anyone but did want to say I am really enjoying the finale.  I think this has been one of my favorite seasons.  Pretty great.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

What happened to the pregnant dancer?  Does anyone see her?  Curious if she's still dancing?

I'm exhausted watching these people and their energy!

I saw her dancing briefly with her celebrity partner - Andy.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister  Thanks for the response.  Wow!  I didn't realize the judges got that much say (total) in what was decided in the end.

Honored Contributor

Watching Bindi and Derek practicing the last dance.  I thought what a good job he does maintaining the space needed when he gets these young dancers.

Not one time did I feel like he was being lacherous (sp) toward them yet he was supportive.

When he had the dancers that were very heavy, he brought out in them the same sparkle as in everyone and made them believe in themselves (and won).

When he had the dancers who had challenges, he ran with it and they took the challenge.

I just think he's not just a good dancer, I think he's able to represent this show wonderfully.

I keep reading on line how very competitive he is.  It works for him.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Watching Bindi and Derek practicing the last dance.  I thought what a good job he does maintaining the space needed when he gets these young dancers.

Not one time did I feel like he was being lacherous (sp) toward them yet he was supportive.

When he had the dancers that were very heavy, he brought out in them the same sparkle as in everyone and made them believe in themselves (and won).

When he had the dancers who had challenges, he ran with it and they took the challenge.

I just think he's not just a good dancer, I think he's able to represent this show wonderfully.

I keep reading on line how very competitive he is.  It works for him.

Derek is really something special as a choreographer.  I think Mark Ballas is also.  They are both so creative and innovative in everything they do.