QVC Customer Care

Re: DWTS Chat ~ Week 12 11.23 & 24.15

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative

Regular Contributor

This has always been my favorite show because the dancing is wonderful especially as the season progresses. I'm always worried at the end when a contestant who is popular and stays longer than better dancers might end up winning but so far that hasn't happened but it certainly could with Alek. What timing with his heroics in Paris even more significant. But hopefully Bindi brings her own heroics and will win as she totally deserves to. Nick's journey on the show has been impressive. Seems like he is wrestling with a lot of personal demons and did a great job rising above them. So it comes down to 3 brave hard workers that made the most of every moment. There are all winners.Bindi's dad was a force of nature and Bindi has carried on his joie de vivre and she's just bursting with teenage girl emotions that she fully embraces.. It's wonderful that Derek has been rejuvenated by her and during a sad time with the loss of Tom's father he has been touched by her too. Touched by an angel??

Honored Contributor

@juliet wrote:

This has always been my favorite show because the dancing is wonderful especially as the season progresses. I'm always worried at the end when a contestant who is popular and stays longer than better dancers might end up winning but so far that hasn't happened but it certainly could with Alek. What timing with his heroics in Paris even more significant. But hopefully Bindi brings her own heroics and will win as she totally deserves to. Nick's journey on the show has been impressive. Seems like he is wrestling with a lot of personal demons and did a great job rising above them. So it comes down to 3 brave hard workers that made the most of every moment. There are all winners.Bindi's dad was a force of nature and Bindi has carried on his joie de vivre and she's just bursting with teenage girl emotions that she fully embraces.. It's wonderful that Derek has been rejuvenated by her and during a sad time with the loss of Tom's father he has been touched by her too. Touched by an angel??

Nick blames himself for his sister's death.

Esteemed Contributor

@juliet wrote:

Juliet, did you ever see the movie Strictly Ballroom? I think you would love the storyline and the dancing in it. If you haven't seen it, rent it. I've watched it several times. I also in my younger years used to watch the ballroom dancing competition on television. Guess who one of the top contestants was? None other than Corky Ballas, Mark's father.

Respected Contributor

my favorite movie is Dance With Me starring Vanessa Williams and Chayanne the singer. The story is excellent and the dancing is fantastic. I think Tony was in the original movie which was around 1998.

Not to be confused with the Richard Gere movie...

As far as DWTS I always watch but can't say I am excited by any of them. I guess Bindi is my favorite but the other three are not tens all of the time.

Trusted Contributor

I really love Bindi and hope she wins,  she is a fabulous dancer and so sweet..

Now,  I like Alex...great American hero for sure,  but,  I really never see him really "dance" to me he just sort of follows his partner but not a great dancer....

Nick, doing a very good job, but he is already a star....singer and does have background training of dancing,  even if it was for "on stage" concerts....

All my votes are for Bindi....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Excited for later.  I think Bindi will surely win, although I would love to see Alek take it which I realize is an unpopular opinion.  I just really like him.  

I think Nick has the best shot to actually beat Bindi but I still think, ultimately the winner will be Bindi.  I will be pretty shocked if it is not.  It will be ok with me, though, whoever wins since it's really just an entertainment show and not a true ballroom competition.  

As for Carlos, I don't think it would have really mattered to the ultimate outcome if he stayed instead of Alek.  I just don't think he had the fan base.  If he did, he would still be there.  I did like his freestyle.  I loved that he included his wife, that was sweet.  They can now legitimately say that they both made it to the freestyles.  So cool.  

I also liked Alek's freestyle.  It really showcased his physical strength and it was very clever, incorporating a military twist.  

Bindi's freestyle was beautiful and emotional but I didn't think it had a lot of bells and whistles that I have come to associate with freestyles.  Nick's freestyle was very good but it did look like a boy band performance, such as he might have already done with BSB. I found both nice but a bit bland. I preferred both Alek's and Carlos' freestyles.   

Neither Bindi nor Alek had any real previous dancing experience but have each come a long way.  They should be pretty proud.  

Bindi, already being a TV personality since she was a wee one, would naturally already be comfortable in front on an audience.  Nick and Carlos are entertainers as well and presumably also comfortable with performing generally.  

Alek was chosen by fate and by circumstance to be given this national platform and I am sure that first night must have been very, very hard.  But he gave it his all every week and I just admire him more than I can say.  

Between Alek and Bindi, of course, Bindi is by far the better dancer.  

On the other hand, Alek is dancing a heck of a lot better than I ever will, LOL.  I commend him for it.  I think he could have a future as a motivational speaker and could probably build on that to another career if he so chose.

I also think Alek might make a good Bachelor candidate.  I would definitely watch him, LOL.  Usually Bachelors come to DWTS.  Why not the other way around?  Smiley Happy

Well enough of my musings.  Everyone....enjoy tonight!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, about the bachelor I've heard that too.  But I've also heard that there is someone else who just won a medal who's very good looking who would make a good bachelor.

Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV  Wow!  Thank you for that amazing post.  I really enjoyed reading it.  Thanks!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@BeckiWV  Wow!  Thank you for that amazing post.  I really enjoyed reading it.  Thanks!!!

Oh gosh, thank you.  I was just trying to get everything out while I was thinking about it, LOL.  I figured I would bore everyone with such a long post.  Smiley Happy

(PS - trying to think of some good looking medal winners, hmmmm....)

Heart HeartHeart