The young hero should have gone home, not Carlos.  Fan base

Honored Contributor

Re: DWTS Chat ~ Week 12 11.23 & 24.15

@qvcaddition wrote:

The young hero should have gone home, not Carlos.  Fan base

He deserves a fan base for his heroism.

Honored Contributor

I thought Bindi looked more mature last night.  Something in her face has changed.   She is lovely no matter what, however.

I wish all of us were naturally able to channel all that positivity that seems so effortless for Bindi.  She's rather amazing.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I am for  Bindi.  She's had no dance experience at all and she rose to the challange always lifting everyone's spirits with her positivity and enthusiam.  You can tell that inspite of her fame she was not raised spoiled and entittled!!  It's good to see when so many contestants moan and boo hoo about everything and complain about their scores and make excuses for poor performances. While Nick has had some great dances, he has dance experience working with choregophers.  Alek also has had no dance experience and also has just been a plain old average person so he was not used to being eye.  He's made the most progress.  I think Julianne 's judging has been fair and she has given negative comments to her brother when necessary.

You do not really believe Bindi has had no dance experience?

Honored Contributor

I don't think that is really fair, Bindi has danced very well. She strikes me as having grown up a tomboy and probably didn't have any dance training. Also just because she dances with Derek it's not an automatic win. He has won a lot but not every season. As for the freestyle dances I think they weren't as good as past seasons.I was hoping Len would come back for the finale..Last night's freestyle from Bindi and Derek had me in tears. I feel badly for Bindi, how much she must miss her father being only 7 when he passed away. I noticed she hugs Tom every week and he hugs her back, he must feel fatherly towards her. I threw my 10 votes to Bindi and Derek.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I am for  Bindi.  She's had no dance experience at all and she rose to the challange always lifting everyone's spirits with her positivity and enthusiam.  You can tell that inspite of her fame she was not raised spoiled and entittled!!  It's good to see when so many contestants moan and boo hoo about everything and complain about their scores and make excuses for poor performances. While Nick has had some great dances, he has dance experience working with choregophers.  Alek also has had no dance experience and also has just been a plain old average person so he was not used to being eye.  He's made the most progress.  I think Julianne 's judging has been fair and she has given negative comments to her brother when necessary.

Bindi doesn't come across as someone who would lie about her (lack of) dance experience. 

Nick danced with Backstreet Boys.

Alek, you can tell he didn't dance prior to the show.

If you want to get picky, Nick had the advantage from the start.

Trusted Contributor

I've watched this show since day one.  It's fun to see the dancing, hear the music, and look at the costumes.  It's meant to be fun and entertaining which it certainly is to me.  I'm rather suprised (and disappointed) to read some of the unkind comments here.

Respected Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

I've watched this show since day one.  It's fun to see the dancing, hear the music, and look at the costumes.  It's meant to be fun and entertaining which it certainly is to me.  I'm rather suprised (and disappointed) to read some of the unkind comments here.

Not everyone likes the same contestant.  I do not see that as being unkind.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Pook wrote:

How can you think she has.   She has been busy with her wildlife work, not a girly girl really was not interested in such things.  I think it was her mother who said that.  Just because you don't like her you cannot deny she has is been consistent throughout with well earned high scores and  probably would have put her all into it no must as good no matter who her pro was!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@missy1 wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Bindi doesn't come across as someone who would lie about her (lack of) dance experience. 

Nick danced with Backstreet Boys.

Alek, you can tell he didn't dance prior to the show.

If you want to get picky, Nick had the advantage from the start.

Thank you both for pointing out the obvious. You know there are people here who complain about Derek getting all the partners who have had some dance experience. Well, this time he got Bindi, a 17 year old with NO dance experience, who doesn't whine and complain, and gives it her all every single week, and THAT isn't good enough. Now she's labeled as TOO enthusiastic, TOO affectionate, TOO nice. Oh, and the latest insinuation that she lied about dance experience emerges. Why would she? Unlike others her age, she's been involved in real life causes, not taking secret dance lessons.   She is what she is, the real thing. And Derek? People seem to resent the fact that he is good at what he does.  Has it occurred to anyone that not only is Derek the consummate choreographer, but he is adept at bringing out the best in all of his partners. Derek, Mark, and Val all have that same effect on their partners. That's why they win. That's why people want to watch them. I think it's cool that Alek is in the finals, though he clearly isn't that good, but he also gave it his all each week. As for Nick, he was in a boy band that danced to choreography. He actually SHOULD be better than he is. So, of the three, the winner should clearly be Bindi. That modern interpretative dance she did last night was astounding. It looked so simple, but the kind of things she was doing took tons of dedication and work, and the soul in her dancing is apparent throughout her performance. I watch the show for Derek's fantastic routines and for the amazing performances he draws out of his partners. Same with Val and Mark. As for Julianne being a judge, she's a dancer herself. She grew up with Derek and Mark, but I don't see that her scores and critiques are any different than the other two judges. If she were biased, her scores would be drastically different and be glaringly obvious. They're NOT.