Honored Contributor

Connie Britton scheduled tp depart Nashville!

After this season, Connie said she will leave Nashville, she is only scheduled to appear in 10 out of 22 sepisodes that will start up again this December! Wow! I don't think this series will last much past this season!

Honored Contributor

Re: Connie Britton scheduled tp depart Nashville!

There were talks when it was canceled by ABC that she wouldn't return even if it was picked up by another network.  Same with Hayden but she is scheduled to return so obviously everything turns out ok with her plane.

I liked this show and I will watch this season but I wasn't one that signed the petition to bring it back as I honestly didn't see this lasting much longer.  I'm not crazy about the direction they've taken this but I'm hoping that changes with the change to CMT. 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

Thanks for the information.  I'm just excited that there is at least one more season.  Yes, ITA that when Connie leaves that may be it for the series.  I love her character, acting, and singing.

Honored Contributor

Looks like the new station, writers & producers are weaning out the "old heads" so that they can concentrate on the new generation of up & coming country singers & writers.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

i honestly dont care for rayna and deacon as a couple. i have said this from the beginning. maybe this will allow the character of deacon to go further.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

If I could get over Derek on Grey's Anatomy, I reckon I can handle this. LOL.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting this information.  I absolutely love Nashville.  Heard it was coming back in CMT channel, but did not know that Connie Britton was leaving the show.

Just hope that the changes in cast will not eliminate the show for the future.  Will just have to wait and see what happens.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

i honestly dont care for rayna and deacon as a couple. i have said this from the beginning. maybe this will allow the character of deacon to go further.

___

R/D are my favorites, always have been. I love Connie and Chip's on screen chemistry, and I love the characters, long, complicated history. 

This doesn't sound like it's carved in stone; sounds like they're still hopeful, of getting her to do more episodes. I guess we'll see.  I don't think any of the cast was happy with how Nashville went downhill. Nor,were the fans! 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

I liked them together but the writers ruined them. They went through so much to finally get married and since, they have been miserable.  The writers couldn't let them be happy for a minute. 

Honored Contributor

I just read an article in Variety and it said that Hayden is locked in for all 22 episodes but that Connie is still in negotiations and at this point, has only reached an agreement for 10 episodes.  So there is hope.

I also read that the premier date for the new season is January 5 at 9:00 and it will be a special 2 hour episode.