Trusted Contributor

Can someone tell me what happened on this past Wednseday's episode. 

Our local cable company and CBS were in a war over money and we were without CBS.

Did Leeann leave?

TIA

Trusted Contributor

She died, the other young Dr( the one the brother likes) was also stabbed, but survived. t, The young brother intervened, and the knifed landed in his throat, we were let to believe the guy himself pulled it out, but come to find out the young Dr did nothing to help and his older brother told him they must take it to their grave. The stabber eventually died. Sorry, I can't remember the names!

Contributor

SPOILERS COMING ----- The episode was in flashback during an investigation hearing. Gina died from her wounds.  Malaya was also stabbed (but survived ) when her stalker attempted to rape her in the parking garage, but fell on his own knife when Angus intervened .  Turned out the stalker had vistited the ER 17 times in the month prior to the murder, but no one caught it.  Leann was forced to stay on to temporarily head the department since Gina was gone.  Im enjoying this program myself, lena.

Honored Contributor

@willomenia@sum1nu@willomenia

I am enjoying this show too and have a terrible memory when it comes to the character's names... so thank you for the summaries.  

Three near death at the same time from one event... the rapist/killer guy was caught on video surveilance -- that was how they knew he had been in the ER stalking Dr Pinada.  She told the killer she was gay... because he was being insistent about her going "out" with him. He felt she was "shunning him" I guess.

The young doctor who held himself accountable for the killer's death probably should have put pressure on the artery.

I am thinking that the killer  was mad at Gina Perello (head of ER and died from her wounds) b/c she had lectured Dr Pineda about "being too nice to patients."

What's up with that head of surgery?  He is full of himself.

If there are any lessons being presented here, it ran through my mind that perhaps the lesson of being nice to people and establishing yourself as "part of the family" will get you through.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

A little aside:  I read reviews of this show written by ER nurses who said it was one of the most realistic shows on tv.  The murder this past week was not typical, although a stalker could lurk anywhere I guess.  I wasn't sure about this show in the beginning, but it is now one of my faves.  Unlike Blue Bloods which has reached the point of ridiculousness (how many times can Danny go it alone to catch the killer?), Code Black seems much more real. 

Honored Contributor

I have two sisters who are RN's.  I have two nieces who are RN's.  When we all get together, you would die if you heard some of their stories.

My two sisters actually worked in the MED STAR unit of Washington Hospital Center.  That's where they helicopter the worst victims of violence.  This is the same sister who also worked in Greater Southeast Hospitals.  The things she talks about she's seen would turn your stomach upside down.

They have seen the best in people and the absolute worst in people.  It is terrible what one human being can do to another.  I find it interesting that we aren't the one's called an animal when animals are never that cruel to each other.

This same sister also has some sweet stories about her work as an ER nurse.  She tells of the elderly and how many help each other (they use the ER like a regular Drs office).

Nurses don't get enough credit for what they do.  Many are underpaid (like teachers).

However, if you ever get a terrible nurse, it does affect you (to say the least).

I almost forgot.  One of the funniest (OK, I'll say 'sad' but it is Oh! My goodness funny) things is when my sisters talk about the things people have put in their body parts (especially in the yonder region).

My mind still wonders to a conversation one day where she mentioned the above and the word tea cup was part of the story??

Trusted Contributor

Thank you everyone!!! This is one of my favorite shows.

I am glad Leeann is still on.

@Annabelle you are correct nurses are not paid nearly enough for what they do.

I met some terrific nurses when my parents were ill.   

Honored Contributor

Since it's been a few days, you can go on line to the station and usually get the past few episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

CBS.com should have it for you to watch on your computer. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@lenapecci@MamaWick@ECBG@Annabellethecat66@Jaspersmom

I agree nurses don't get paid enough. And teachers too having been one. 

However, in the medical field and the teaching field, I wish they would staff more to take care of the numbers.

In the last episode, I felt that was a message also... Not enough staff/facility to take care of the number of patients.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~