Esteemed Contributor

Coat of Many Colors

[ Edited ]

This glimpse into Dolly Parton's childhood will be on NBC Thursday, December 10 at 9:00 p.m. EST.   Rick Schroder plays the role of Dolly's father.  More info here:

http://www.wbir.com/story/entertainment/2015/11/25/behind-the-scenes-of-dolly-partons-made-for-tv-mo...

I'm looking forward to it.  Smiley Happy

Thanks chickenbutt for confirming the date!

Honored Contributor

Oh, thank you for this. I will be sure and watch. Gotta love Dolly. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have a feeling I will be crying by the end.  I love these kind of movies though..

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Coat of Many Colors

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

I have a feeling I will be crying by the end.  I love these kind of movies though..

I love these kind of movies too. I'll make sure to have some tissues nearby.  😢

Honored Contributor

I probably won't watch it, but I do love her voice.  She seems so sweet and has always been the same Dolly.

Her voice is so clear and beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Coat of Many Colors

[ Edited ]

I love her!!    Thanks for the heads up.  When I read the title of the thread I almost cried because that is my favorite Dolly Parton song.  It makes me cry every time.  So lovely!

ETA - is that Thursday, 12/3?   I just checked my guide and it's not showing up on the NBC channel.  I checked the other networks and nothing there either.  Maybe it's just been punched into the schedule and not yet on my guide (?).   Will have to diary this.

Oops, me again - (sorry) I just found it on the following week - 12/10. Yay!  Smiley Happy  Thanks again!!   As much as I detest country western music, that is how much I LOVE Dolly Parton.   She is just such a beautiful delight that I try to catch anything Dolly.

Honored Contributor

kid that plays Faith Newman on Y&R plays Dolly as a young girl.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt thanks for checking the date!  I will clarify that in the OP.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

kid that plays Faith Newman on Y&R plays Dolly as a young girl.

I thought she looked familiar!  Jennifer Nettles will play the role of Dolly's mom.  I wonder how much screen time will be given to Dolly's sister Stella who has a role in the movie.  I haven't seen much about her in a while.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Wildcat Fan!  I hope you didn't think I was trying to be a 'corrector' or anything.  I just wanted to find the movie and schedule it to record.  When I didn't see it on this coming up Thurs I was bummed but something told me to keep looking.

She is just such a sweet, sweet good person that she makes me smile from ear to ear (except when it's 'Coat of Many Colors' and I cry).   That = Priceless!  Smiley Happy

You can feel the love in that song and I think, on one hand, I love that she had such a loving mother and, OTOH, I cry because I grieve not having that kind of love and nurturing from my so-called mother.   I love that she called the movie that title, too!