Respected Contributor

Re: Cloris Leachman

[ Edited ]

Denisemb, do you remember what season she was on the Middle ? or the name of the character played? I must have missed that one. I have always been a fan of both The Middle & Cloris Leachman. I watched her on the show where they exchange wives that showed stars (not all are) home lives. She can be a 'you know what' but she sounds fun. I can't remember who was exchanged for her except they were meat eaters !

Valued Contributor

Here is the link to the episode of "Celebrity Wife Swap", that Cloris was in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOOh0Gevhlc

Respected Contributor

Re: Cloris Leachman

[ Edited ]

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Denisemb, do you remember what season she was on the Middle ? or the name of the character played? I must have missed that one. I have always been a fan of both The Middle & Cloris Leachman. I watched her on the show where they exchange wives that showed stars (not all are) home lives. She can be a 'you know what' but she sounds fun. I can't remember who was exchanged for her except they were meat eaters !

Oh, wow, I mispoke.  She was on Malcolm in the Middle.  (I get my "Middles" mixed up). Smiley Wink  She played Lois' mother as a recurring character and was a hoot.

Sorry!

Denise
Respected Contributor

Denise, no problem , I was going to stream it  on the Middle if she was on it. I enjoyed seeing Mr.D. Van ****** & his brother on that show.

Calikat, I couldn't remember this a.m. the title of the show glad you came up with Celebrity Wife Swap! I don't think I had my second cup of coffee yet.Smiley Embarassed I am usually either hot or cold at whether I like that show but that one was interesting.

Honored Contributor

She won the Oscar for Supporting Best Actress in The Last Picture Show.  Loved her in the sequel.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

She was on the sitcom "RHODA".

Trusted Contributor

Watching the Donna Reed show with a very young Cloris Leachman.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen mentioned Ms. Leachman in the part (TV) that was my favorite TV show.  The funniest show (one of them) I've ever seen on TV called, "Raising Hope".

She'd show up and take over the show.  She didn't always say many words but she is/was so funny in it.  Many times I'd sit there laughing so hard tears would come down, happy tears.

She doesn't mind looking stupid/silly, what many big stars like her would never do.

Now just thinking of her I can see Maw Maw (as she was called).  If none of you have seen it, I totally recommend it.  It's different, but funny as anything.  It's written by Greg Garcia who is from Arlington, Va (a few miles down the road from me).  He also wrote and produced "My Name Is Earl"  also weird but funny.

He has often said no one could have been Maw Maw but Ms Leachman.