Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Chrisley Knows Best, Daughter Divorcing Husband

That's always a shame. 

I just saw the first two episodes of the new season last night and she was pretty prominent in both episodes so I wonder if she has also moved to Nashville with the rest of the family.

Trusted Contributor

I need to catch up. They moved to TN?! I really am behind.

Trusted Contributor

I've been married 46 years and there's been time when I think we weren't going to make it, but we've worked out our differences thru counseling, etc.  Today IMO young marrieds don't give their marriages time.  Four years and she's grown apart?  No, people just change as they get older and mature.  Marriage is difficult of course.  So sad for their little boy.

Honored Contributor

I think she married him to get out from under her father's control.  It's sad that they have a small child.

Honored Contributor

I saw that article too. I am not surprised as I have seen her on the show, and never her husband as of late.....In the beginning her husband was on there because it was a known fact that Todd did not care for him. As the series went on you would see less and less of him, so I figured it was a matter of time before they divorced......Are those two older children Todd's from a previous marriage?

Respected Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

I need to catch up. They moved to TN?! I really am behind.

You're behind???  I have no idea who this person is.

Honored Contributor

I saw that too. But the husband avoided her dad like the plague. That had to have been hard and the source of probably numerous arguments.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@henderson wrote:

I've been married 46 years and there's been time when I think we weren't going to make it, but we've worked out our differences thru counseling, etc.  Today IMO young marrieds don't give their marriages time.  Four years and she's grown apart?  No, people just change as they get older and mature.  Marriage is difficult of course.  So sad for their little boy.

but from reading the article looks to me as though she was way too young to get married 19 or 20? Plus the added distractions of life on a TV show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also in the past  (and not talking about posters here) there were more expectations that couples stay together no matter what and be miserable until death.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@henderson wrote:

but from reading the article looks to me as though she was way to young to get married 19 or 20? Plus the added distracted of life on a TV show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also in the past  (and not talking about posters here) there was more expectations that couples stay together no matter what and be miserable until death.

i completely agree with your statement @jackthebear.

it is difficult to be a judge of someone elses divorce, especially when you only see a very tiny portion of their lives on a reality tv show and you dont really know what goes on in their lives. not every marriage can be saved and not every marriage is worth saving.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein