Respected Contributor

I know it is early,  but for fans of Chesapeake Shores it is returning on Aug. 15th.

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to it, as I was not a Jesse Metcalf fan, so maybe I will be in the minority of people who enjoy the show going forward.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN

I love Jesse Metcalfe and can't believe he'll be leaving. Don't know if I can continue to watch?

Super bummed!

Respected Contributor

@SandyLO wrote:

I love Jesse Metcalfe and can't believe he'll be leaving. Don't know if I can continue to watch?

Super bummed!

SandyLO - I also like Jesse, but I think they went as far with his character as they could go on the show.  He is now in another Hallmark series, forgot the title, where he plays an ex-cop and assists the Chief of Police in solving murders.  He is also involved with the Chief's daughter.  Pretty good show, and I actually  like his character better in this one.

Honored Contributor

I am definitely looking forward to it's return. 

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@SandyLO wrote:

Super bummed!

SandyLO - I also like Jesse, but I think they went as far with his character as they could go on the show.  He is now in another Hallmark series, forgot the title, where he plays an ex-cop and assists the Chief of Police in solving murders.  He is also involved with the Chief's daughter.  Pretty good show, and I actually  like his character better in this one.

It's called the Martha's Vineyard Mysteries.   I really love that series.  I've never watched Chesapeake Shores but I do like Jesse Metcalfe.  I enjoy the character he is playing in MVM.  You have to stretch your imagination to believe that she is a doctor but all in all it's a fun mystery without a lot of violence.

Honored Contributor

I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to add a diverse lead to this show.  Will there be a long lost illegitimate child of Mick's that shows up?  Will Mick and his brother have a long lost sibling?

How do you introduce a lead to a show about a family?

Unless you are turning it into a soap opera.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Chesapeake Shores

[ Edited ]

Thanks @lovesallanimals! I'm really behind and will have to catch up before it starts!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm rewatching from the beginning on Hallmark Drama.

The pilot movie was so good.  And we made it an hour and 45 minutes before we had to hear Jesse Metcalf sing.  So glad this will not be a part of the show after he leaves.

I have high hopes for this season but I have a feeling it's going to go the way of everything else on Hallmark this year.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I forgot how boring Season 2 was.  I just finished it.  I fast forwarded through all the Nashville/Singing/Trace bs and watched the whole season in a few hours.  LOL

I'm on Season 3 now.  Should be done with Season 4 by Sunday night.

I have not watched any previews or interviews or anything other than the announcement that Jesse will be gone after  5 episodes or something.

I hope I'm not disappointed.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN