Honored Contributor

Re: Charo- An Informal Poll-

xavier cugat introduced her as his wife on the merv griffin show in 1966, the same year they were married. she performed on the show also. at that time he introduced her as his wife and was asked how old she was......and he said she was 21. she definitely looked at least 21 on that show.

he was married five times and had five divorces.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

She looks like she's in her 70's imo.......

Valued Contributor

I THOUGHT SHE WAS DEAD

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

Her passport gives her date of birth as 3/31/41 but she claimed she wanted to appear older because of the age difference between her and Cugat, therefore, she says, she was born in 51.  Whatever her age I am and never was a fan of hers lol.

@chlema   If she was born in 1951 she was 15 years old when she got married (according to Wikipedia's date of her first marriage).  I think her passport date is correct and she is 76.  I never have liked her at all.  I like Keo and am disappointed that he's paired with her.  I may fast forward when she's on.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I used to like her and was looking forward to seeing her on Dancing With The Stars. I thought her dancing was really good but she was acting kind of crazy- even more extreme than the Charo I remember. I am 67 and I don't believe she is younger than I am. She is in great shape but I think the 76 age is correct.

Trusted Contributor

I,too, believe Charo to be in her early 70's. I never liked her shtick, but GF can shake it!! Just thought it a bit vulgar IMHO.

dee