Respected Contributor

Re: Charo- An Informal Poll-

She's had way too much work done on her face, she looks a bit like that Cat Woman that's had all the plastic surgery to look like cat!  And, her bazooms are too large for someone her size, but I guess looking fake is her "schtick".

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how old she is, but have to tell you @stevieb that I am LOVING your Mrs. Robinson avatar!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She appeared first on TV in the 60's usually with Cugat. She was in her 20 then. By my calculations, she is in her 70's. I've always found her ridiculous and annoying. However, she is a very accomplished classical guitar player...or she was way back when.

Respected Contributor

I didn't see her last night but she has got to be in her mid 70's.  I'm sure she has lied about her age for years.  Plus, when was even the last time you saw her around??  This has got to be one of the biggest has-beens to appear on that show.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

I didn't see her last night but she has got to be in her mid 70's.  I'm sure she has lied about her age for years.  Plus, when was even the last time you saw her around??  This has got to be one of the biggest has-beens to appear on that show.

@sueinsf

Whoa!    I guess you think that if she hasn't recently performed at an auditorium in your city, then that means she couldn't possibly be performing anywhere else on the planet?    She performed in Las Vegas not that many years ago, so I guess she still draws if she wants to perform.   

Charo lives with her husband in Beverly Hills, so my guess is she's enjoying a comfortable retirement.  Good for her.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I don't know how old she is, but have to tell you @stevieb that I am LOVING your Mrs. Robinson avatar!

Thanks @Citrine1... Had to shake things up a little... Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

she is still performing and doing concerts......you can find fairly recent videos of her from 2016 on youtube, including concerts at mohegan sun.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I remember her saying that she was only a teen when she married and had to get fake  papers stating she was actually older to come here so I could believe she is younger than some think. 

Honored Contributor

Pretty ageless in attitude, which is key.

Have always liked her - no b.s., earthy, & has a good sense of humor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 wrote:

She's had way too much work done on her face, she looks a bit like that Cat Woman that's had all the plastic surgery to look like cat!  And, her bazooms are too large for someone her size, but I guess looking fake is her "schtick".

@aubnwa01  Yes... she looks really bad in the face....like Joan Rivers.... too much work done.