Honored Contributor

Re: Charo- An Informal Poll-

You know, I'm of the school that thinks unless it's the government, no one is entitled to know your age if you don't choose to reveal it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

A little of her last night on Dancing went a long way! 

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Forgot to say, I think the exaggerated accent is fake too.  Never liked her.

There's no way she's been here this long and still has that heavy an accent. Fake. It's her schtick. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is no way she was born in the 50s.  I was born in the early 50s and was a child when I first became aware of her.  She is at least 10 years older than me.  And yes, meow.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

There's no way she's been here this long and still has that heavy an accent. Fake. It's her schtick. 

@PurpleBunny  This what I think of Dr. Henry Lee, can't stand him after the Simpson trial, but he has been here over forty years, I believe, and still has a thick accent.

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

A little of her last night on Dancing went a long way! 

@Phantom41  I missed her dance, but tuned in when she was blowing kisses a zillion times, waaay too much, lol.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Sort of there with you @faeriemoon... She was marginally cute and comical the first three or four times you saw her... After that, well, not so much...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@PurpleBunny  This what I think of Dr. Henry Lee, can't stand him after the Simpson trial, but he has been here over forty years, I believe, and still has a thick accent.

it is absolutely possible to have a very heavy accent even having been here for a LONG time. i even know some family and friends who have been here 50+ years that still speak in "broken english."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

Her passport gives her date of birth as 3/31/41 but she claimed she wanted to appear older because of the age difference between her and Cugat, therefore, she says, she was born in 51.  Whatever her age I am and never was a fan of hers lol.

I just checked and they married in 1966. If she was born in 1951, that would have made her ~15 at the time of their marriage. They married in Vegas. I don't know about the laws in 1951. Today you can marry at 18, marry with parental consent between 16 and 17, and with a court order and all fees paid by a parent or guardian if you're under 16. (TODAY! Gross!)