Honored Contributor

Re: Charo- An Informal Poll-

Just watched her salsa dance with Keo. Great job (and body)!

Respected Contributor

What's always fascinated me is how differently we all think.

Love peas, hate peas, love the Allman Brothers, hate the Allman Brothers, love Dirty Dancing, hate Dirty Dancing!

And Charro.

Ever since the 1st time I saw her as a kid, she annoyed me. I thought she was like some sort of a circus freak in sequins. LOL!

Different strokes.

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

i don't know how old charo is for sure, but i know she's up there.  it's simply amazing what great shape she's in physically.  her face looks exactly the same to me which is a testament to her good genes and maybe a great doctor.  i think she has talent, but i think she's an ass too.  she doesn't need to act like such a fool.  btw, i never thought she was attractive.  not a beauty for sure, but jmo.

Honored Contributor

She can't be in her 60's. I remember watching her on Merv after school. Everyone thought she was cute and funny at that time but not so much today. 

Her nose has had way too much work done to it. I wish I had a bit of her energy. Her body looks great for her age. 

My neighbors have lived here for 35 years and still have their thick Liverpool England accents. I guess her accent could be real...I doubt it but it is possible.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I can count that high. . . 

Super Contributor

She was born in Spain in 1941.

She apparently used 1951 as her birth year, however.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Respected Contributor

I believe she is a senior citizen. Smiley Happy I do not know for sure what her age is. She was a very young bride to Xavier Cugat. I think with most 'stars' one can usually add 5-10 years to the age given.

She certainly has a lot of energy for her age or any age !

She has coochi cooed all the way to the bank. I remember seeing her play the classical guitar on tv shows and she is very talented. I heard years ago that she had a resturant somewhere.

I 'll bet she will be on for 3-4 shows . Mr. T and Chris Kattan (sp?) will probably go first.

Really, it is hard to say or hear 'coochi coo' without smiling just a little.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Forgot to say, I think the exaggerated accent is fake too.  Never liked her.

There's no way she's been here this long and still has that heavy an accent. Fake. It's her schtick. 

Yup the accent an age ---phoney as a $3 bill.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

@Jamma wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Forgot to say, I think the exaggerated accent is fake too.  Never liked her.

There's no way she's been here this long and still has that heavy an accent. Fake. It's her schtick. 

Yup the accent an age ---phoney as a $3 bill.

Jamma

Well it appears to be part of her act, but the fact is that accent does not correlate well with intelligence OR length of time living in a country where another language is spoken OR the ability to use/read/understand a second language OR age of speaker. 

ALSO, speaking a language other than the one into which one is born without an accent is rarely if ever achieved if the second language training is initiated over the age of six, 

And then of course, people who are raised from infancy in a language other than that of the language typically used in the country in which they live will speak with the sound of the language first learned (like Lawrence Welk, for example).

Very interesting topic!

Esteemed Contributor

Charo is upwards of 70 at least.  I'd believe she was in her early 80's too. 

My dead parent remember her being married to Xavier Cougat - a long dead band leader. 

She's had surgeries.  She's all artificial like Dolly Parton. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust