Honored Contributor

Carleton Carpenter died today at 95

Carleton Carpenter, ca. 1954.

Carleton Carpenter, the actor, singer and MGM contract player who partnered with Debbie Reynolds to perform the hit song "Aba Daba Honeymoon" in the romantic musical Two Weeks With Love, has died. He was 95.

Carpenter died Monday of natural causes at his home in Warwick, New York,

After starring on Broadway opposite the likes of Angela Lansbury, Ray Bolger and Hermione Gingold, the lanky Carpenter was signed by MGM, which quickly assigned him to Summer Stock (1950), starring Gene Kelly and Judy Garland.

Garland caused so many delays and Carpenter was able to squeeze in work in Father of the Bride (1950), playing one of Elizabeth Taylor’s suitors, and Three Little Words (1950), in which he was first paired with Reynolds. (She mouthed the words to "I Want to Be Loved by You" alongside him in that.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Carleton Carpenter died today at 95

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla 

Thank you for posting this.

Carleton Carpenter turns 90

Carleton Carpenter turns 90

Godspeed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember him.  May he rest in peace.

Who can forget "Aba Daba Honeymoon."   Once you've seen and heard it performed, you can never forget it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=debbie+reynolds+%26+carleton+carpenter+-+aba+daba+honeymoon&oq=carle...

Carleton Carpenter: Actor, author, lion tamer | News | rutlandherald.com

Carleton Carpenter and Debbie Reynolds in their later years.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember him.  May he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

Rest In Peace GIF - Rip Candle 安息 - Discover & Share GIFs Rest In Peace Quotes, Contentment Quotes, San Roman, Condolence Messages, Sympathy Quotes, Grieving Quotes, Deepest Sympathy, 1 Gif, The Power Of Love

Honored Contributor

Carleton Carpenter is on "Father Knows Best" right now.