Respected Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron on the View

I can't stand that show, haven't in years, in fact I don't really like any of the morning talk shows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that Candace is a replacement for Elizabeth Hasselbeck, not Nicolle.  The comedian who just returned (her name escapes me right now) (ETA: just remembered the name, Joy Behar) is replacing Nicolle although she's not there everyday.

The View might not be the best but I'll take it over The Talk if they were on at the same time.

Overall, tv selections are not as good as they used to be.  I guess my age group is not the most sought after group any more (over 50).

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Redhead78 ... I agree with you about Raven's appearance ... I guess she doesn't own a mirror!! ..... her clothes and hairstyles are very strange to say the least.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Candace so far.  She corrected Whoopi with her language which Whoopi actually took and apologized which I think was a nice gesture on her part.  She was just being funny but she did let it go for Candace's sake.  I thought it was a nice sign of respect.  

I was a little afraid of being force fed her views which are very conservative but she is so far very open minded just like Nicolle and has held her own without apologizing for who she is and still respecting a different viewpoint much more so than some of the others.

I had to laugh at Paula trying to hold it together when Raven was going on demanding to know who pays a congressman's salary.  Um....you.    

Regular Contributor

I liked the View for several years,so many different co - hosts have come and gone.

Raven Symone finally made me change to Kathie Lee and Hoda.

Respected Contributor

Poor Candace was only put on there so they would have someone to chew up and spit out............I feel bad for her.  Whoopi and that gawd-awful Raven (who thinks she knows everything) seem to take over a lot and that other comedian also has a pretty big mouth. 

Respected Contributor

I saw the film clip where she said she was happy to be there, and after she wraps up filming "Full House," she'll be on the show full time.  Sounds like this is something she really wants to do.

Trusted Contributor

I was surprised to hear that Candace was joining this show.  This is not a show that I watch but I think the idea of the show has worn off now, and it has run its course.  I do enjoy Candace in the Hallmark movies.  Hopefully, the show is a nice experience for her and she enjoys being a part of it.

Miata 1

Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRL wrote:

Poor Candace was only put on there so they would have someone to chew up and spit out ............I feel bad for her.  Whoopi and that gawd-awful Raven (who thinks she knows everything) seem to take over a lot and that other comedian also has a pretty big mouth. 

What are you basing this on?     I'm guessing she had the ability to hold her own in previous appearances on the show.   They don't just pick someone off the street (so to speak) and make them a host on this show.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@HULAGIRL wrote:

Poor Candace was only put on there so they would have someone to chew up and spit out ............I feel bad for her.  Whoopi and that gawd-awful Raven (who thinks she knows everything) seem to take over a lot and that other comedian also has a pretty big mouth. 

What are you basing this on?     I'm guessing she had the ability to hold her own in previous appearances on the show.   They don't just pick someone off the street (so to speak) and make them a host on this show.

@HULAGIRL @Tinkrbl44

I agree with hulagirl. And that highlighted sentence is based on what has always gone on on The View. A group on know it all loud mouth liberals run all over the only conservative on the panel, and give them no credit for having a brain. It's been the basis of the show since it began.