Esteemed Contributor

Re: Call the midwife

[ Edited ]

I'm not Jewish, so I don't know what their rituals are, but I thought the scenes about the family were great.  I liked the respect they showed the dead lady at the funeral.  Those were real men singing, not actors.  Very nice tribute.

Regular Contributor

Just a little bit early for the Beatles to be famous in their homeland yet--American music was thought to be "newer."  The Beatles came to America in the late summer-early autumn of 1964.  I was not allowed to attend their concert in my home town because the nuarsing school that I attended had a curfew on weeknights of 9:00pm for freshmen!

Honored Contributor

I have been to a couple Jewish memorials and I believe those "singers" are called cantors. They are quite beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@lbwshopwrote:

Just a little bit early for the Beatles to be famous in their homeland yet--American music was thought to be "newer."  The Beatles came to America in the late summer-early autumn of 1964.  I was not allowed to attend their concert in my home town because the nuarsing school that I attended had a curfew on weeknights of 9:00pm for freshmen!

The show takes place in London and the Beatles were popular there a while before their music came to the USA.

Honored Contributor

@lbwshopwrote:

@lbwshop  The Beatles "invasion" took place  February 7, 1964.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

The show is getting so SAD...I can hardly watch it.  I ended up sobbing and sobbing last night.  It is just too much for me to endure right now!!  I wish they would lighten up a bit.  The subjects just get darker and darker...Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

It is sad , but there are also lots of happy moments. I think they are just showing life as it is ,for many people

Honored Contributor

Another love interest  has gone away, i think the dump the family lived in, was terrible  ,and all three kids had to leave the family ,sad.Woman Sad

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan, I agree last night's episode was so very sad, but things that happen in life can be sad, as well as happy!  I think it was best for the couple's children to be taken away, her disease was going to get worse, not better.  I hate that Trixie has started back drinking again, she had done so good and really liked this new guy in her life!

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest, the children were always so dirty, and the father never looked dirty, I couldn't understand why he could not clean them up and wash their clothes, I had a hard time overlooking that!