Honored Contributor

@Caligurll  Thank you for sharing that, and I'm glad Smiley Happy you were able to get beyond that with your mother - a good thing!

That would be, I think, a more plausible explanation for not telling anyone if it had been her idea in the first place.  But it was his!  She didn't want to get married until she got back because she thought her promise was good enough.  He didn't trust her not to come back so he was the one who suggested it.  I dunno - I think that all could have been done more smoothly if it had to be a plot device.   But again, thanks for your input.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Caligurll  Thank you for sharing that, and I'm glad Smiley Happy you were able to get beyond that with your mother - a good thing!

That would be, I think, a more plausible explanation for not telling anyone if it had been her idea in the first place.  But it was his!  She didn't want to get married until she got back because she thought her promise was good enough.  He didn't trust her not to come back so he was the one who suggested it.  I dunno - I think that all could have been done more smoothly if it had to be a plot device.   But again, thanks for your input.

@Pearlee You are welcome!  Mother/daughter relationships can be so complicated.  I wish I had a fraction of the insight I have now, back then.  Burt unfortunately for most of us, wisdom comes with age (I like to think I am wiser)! 

Honored Contributor

This was my favorite movie of 2015(?)

Honored Contributor

@conlt Just watched it tonight and loved it!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I saw it when it came out. It was on tv. Loved it!

Frequent Contributor

One of my favorites! Thank you for this thread. I am going to DVR it!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it was a wonderful movie!...Saorise had my blood boiling for a while there!...Tony was absolutely adorable and stole my heart!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

We loved the movie.