Respected Contributor

I can't stop watching Brooklyn on HBO. What a delightful movie. I think I am in love with Tony. Has anyone seen the movie?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes - I saw it for the first time last week and loved it.   I don't recognize any of the actors, but they were all so good.  I live in Brooklyn and was born in the 50's so that makes me enjoy it even more.  It is  on later today and I will probably watch it again,

Valued Contributor

Re: Brooklyn (Movie)

[ Edited ]

I haven't seen it yet, but I just set my DVR to record it.  Thanks for the tip, @conlt.

Respected Contributor

Oh yes, I can relate to it. My mother is Italian and my father was Irish. We were always under pressure to marry an Italian Catholic from my mothers side of the family and an Irish Catholic from my fathers side. The Italian family in the movie reminds me of my family, very vocal, warm and laughing together. Yes I will watch it again this afternoon. Great movie. It was up for best picture in 2016 and the actress was nominated for an academy award. 

Valued Contributor

I loved the movie too. It's nice to see a sweet movie for a change.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

I saw this movie a few months ago, and I would watch it again, and I don't feel that way about many movies, it was really good.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I've seen the movie.  A nice view.  Oh, that nasty old witch in town with her holier than thou meaness.  Grrrrrrrr.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Saw 'Brooklyn' at the movies, what a great movie and love story.  Loved Saoirse Ronan and Emory Cohen, such young talent.  Torn between two lovers😢

Respected Contributor

Oh, yes that mean "B" . I think the film captured the times and cultures correctly. I have several friends from Ireland and I would say the movie is accurate. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brooklyn (Movie)

[ Edited ]

@twinsister wrote:

Yes - I saw it for the first time last week and loved it.   I don't recognize any of the actors, but they were all so good.  I live in Brooklyn and was born in the 50's so that makes me enjoy it even more.  It is  on later today and I will probably watch it again,

I lived in Brooklyn in the 1980's and tht made the movie even more special to me-  the house she lived in was on Clinton St in Bklyn Heights (my neighborhood)!