Super Contributor

British comedy Doc Martin on Netflix

Hello all. I recently mentioned this series that I was watching on Netflix and I am loving it. I love any British comedy and this one is one of the best I have seen in quite a while. I highly recommend it.

I'm not sure how many seasons this has been on, but I am well into the 2nd season and it just gets better and better. I was interested to see that this was filmed in a fishing village named St. Issac in the UK. The village is really very pretty and does set right on the sea.

I'm just glad I came across this series. Very good, if you like this sort of thing.

VickiSmile

Frequent Contributor

Re: British comedy Doc Martin on Netflix

There was a thread here about Doc Martin and most of us were real fans. It was a happy accident that I discovered it. Now I don't want to miss a show.

Respected Contributor

DH and I have watched this for at leas 4-5 years and we love it.

My all time favorite though is Midsomer Murders although Doc Martin is a different type of show completely. Martin Clumes's (Doc Martin) wife in real life directs the show. Her name is Phillipa Braithwaite.

Regular Contributor

Doc Martin has been on PBS for a number of years and I'm a big fan. The show has been going for about 10 years. There are a lot of reruns on our local PBS station since they only make new episodes every two years. It's a great series! And what an idyllic village!

Super Contributor

I really enjoyed the show.

Honored Contributor

Get OUT!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I've seen the first couple of seasons but nothing beyond that. I did enjoy what I saw; I'll have to pick it up again. Thanks for the reminder.

Super Contributor

On 1/6/2015 Sooner said:

Get OUT!!!!!!

Sooner your comment made me laugh out loud as that is exactly the way the Doc does it and the mad face is certainly him.

Vicki

Super Contributor

As I have been watching this show I kept thinking the character of Doc Martin seemed to have Aspergers. My daughter has Aspergers and that is probably why it seemed so pronounced to me. I just watched an episode where the annoying new neighbor who is a psychologist brought up the possibility of Aspergers. I'm not sure if they will continue with this thought or end up throwing the annoying new neighbor into the sea, lol.

Vicki

Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 vickisok said:
On 1/6/2015 Sooner said:

Get OUT!!!!!!

Sooner your comment made me laugh out loud as that is exactly the way the Doc does it and the mad face is certainly him.

Vicki

LOL!! Thank you! I practice often incase that skill is needed at work!