Valued Contributor

Re: Blood & OIl ~ New ABC show

I'm another one that thinks Don Johnson has STILL got it!  I also agree that the first show was not very good--BUT--remember, this was the PILOT, and very often shows improve by leaps and bounds after the Pilot episode.  I'm going to watch a couple more before I give up on it!

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I wasn't impressed. The show was just so cliche. 

It really was, in every conceivable way.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Add me to the list of thinking this show was awful.  I wanted to change the channel after 15 minutes but DH wanted to give it the full hour so we did.

The acting was terrible all the way around and that young couple (not even interested enough to remember their names) wasn't likeable at all and in fact I found them stupid.  When he got in the accident on the way with the money, that really did me in. 

I DVRd Quantico.

Honored Contributor

@KimThib wrote:

I'm another one that thinks Don Johnson has STILL got it!  I also agree that the first show was not very good--BUT--remember, this was the PILOT, and very often shows improve by leaps and bounds after the Pilot episode.  I'm going to watch a couple more before I give up on it!

That's true. A lot of times the pilot is pretty uninspired because we they have to spend all their time setting up who the characters are. I'm going to watch next week just to see how I feel then. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was glad see that Don Johnson was going to be on this show. But sorry I must say that I am disappointed in this show. I don't know if I am watching it again. The best new shows "so far" IMO are Blindspot and Quantico. Limitless is good too.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Watched it, not my cup of tea, cant wait for Good Wife to return next week in same time slot!!! Will not be watching Blood and Oil again, so dreary and nasty, not one thing about it appealed to me.

Respected Contributor

I watched and I was hoping it would be better than it was but maybe it will get better, too early to tell yet.

Honored Contributor

The actress playing DJ wife for some reason reminds me of Claire, Francis wife from House of Cards.  Both are devious.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

The actress playing DJ wife for some reason reminds me of Claire, Francis wife from House of Cards.  Both are devious.

She reminds me of the character on the show Revenge who played Lydia Davis.  I was curious and looked it up and it is her.  Maybe she played in the show you mention above.