Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I wondered what happened to Zooey. The show was so different!

So, on Blacklist the female lead will be sitting behind a desk! Camera angles will need to be very strategic. When this happens, it distracts me-- my mind wanders noticing "the coverup!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 Yes, I know what you mean.  I think it's very distracting too.  It's going to be interesting to see how Blacklist continues.

I remember on Scandal when the lead female was pregnant (seemed like forever) I thought I'd go crazy seeing her in these coverups behind a desk or pillow.  I dislike it because it definitely makes the original show take a hit.  

Again, they need to hire women who can't have kids or don't want to have children (although just think about it) it's as if we are living back in the 1800's the way these women act 'surprised' that they got pregnant!!  Then they live with the guy and/or have other children.

I am going to take heat for this, but if you love them enough to have a baby, and you were 'involved' enough to throw caution to the wind (at that time) why not get married?  It's not like I'm saying women have to get married I am saying I don't understand why they don't if they are so in love.

Meanwhile Gays want to get married.  Anyway, this isn't even about Blacklist.  I think they should just write her butt out of the show anyway.  We don't need her in this show anyway.  I never cared that much for her.

Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, the thing I looked forward to the most about this new season was the prospect of seeing her lose the blonde hair!  After two episodes, I just sit here and repeatedly ask, "Why doesn't she go back to brunette now that she's no longer on the run?"  Of course, that drives DH nuts, so I have to try to restrain myself.  I never have liked the blonde look for her.  

Now I'm probably going to take some heat for this, but if she stays on the show, I think she needs to lose the baby--not in real life--just the character.  Can you imagine hunting down Blacklist criminals and having to go home to breastfeed or stop to look for a new babysitter?  That's going to turn into a snooze fest or unwanted distraction.  Tom can't stay home with a baby with all those bad guys after him too.  Maybe she'll have the desk job until it's time to deliver in real life then there could be some complications for her character or she could get injured on the job (Blacklist guy goes after her) and she loses the baby?  Even when Tom was pretending to be a teacher, I thought adopting a baby would derail the plot in a negative way.

Honored Contributor

EVERYBODY.....

Don't forget that Tom actually attempted to KILL Liz several times, not just once.

And, he is also in the EMPLOY of Red.

So, I do not understand why Liz has fallen in lust for him.  OOPS! I know......

Tom is a hunk!!!!  Maybe she's using him to to satisfy her sexual urges until something better comes along.

OR

Liz has one hell of the Stockholm syndrome.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac @elated @LTT1  I don't like those black roots on her head but like I said, I thought you weren't supposed to color your hair when you were pregnant for real?

My generation lived in ignorant bliss and I dyed my hair red/orange up to and after all of my girls were born (unfortunately the roots didn't go that far and they all have dark brown hair)  Ha!

So.....we might be looking at another wig if she goes back to brown.  As far as Tom, wonder how they are going to handle this.  He is the only person she's been with right?  The other two people did the deed too, didn't they?  I think she should get pregnant too!  Then maybe Red could get someone pregnant.  That would be fun!

Sometimes I sit and watch this show and I'm like...."OK, what happened?"  I do understand why Red wanted those people to think some other guy was turning them all in.  That made sense to me.

I'm trying to remember.  She had the blond hair when she came back from the break right?  Everyone on the Internet complained about that stupid wig, so they have her dye her hair blond.  Goes from bad to worse.  Somebody has it out for her!

Honored Contributor

I have thought from the beginning that she was poorly cast. She is just not likeable. Now she disregards all those involved in the show and decides to have a child. How selfish.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@LTT1  No, I don't like her hair that color either.   OK, so my generation, I always say, lived in 'ignorance bliss' about some things (good and/or bad) and we didn't know that you're not supposed to color your hair when you're pregnant.  I always had red/orange hair until I got much older.

So my point is that she's several months pregnant now and I already see long roots on her head.  I wonder how they are going to cover that up because you're not supposed to color your hair if you're pregnant.

I know life goes on and I know you can't stop a woman from having a baby but good grief!  That means we have to watch her sitting and hiding during the rest of the season.

We avid TV watchers have seen this happen over and over with so many of the female characters.  I can't imagine how difficult it is to re-write the entire mode of the show.  I mean she is the main character and then Redmond.  Except I have to admit he's becoming way more important even before her pregnancy was announced.

We see this with New Girl.  She's pregnant and the entire show has taken an entirely different mode.  (I actually thought the episode the other night without her was one of the funnest).

It always worries me because without the lead female character we've also seen the shows head off the the canceled world.

They need to stop having young women who can get pregnant lead these shows.  Put some women who can't have children in the lead roles.  That's one vote for the grandmas!

In the old old days the studios would have them sign a contract saying they wouldn't get pregnant during the show (I read that once, don't know how true it is).  

@Annabellethecat66

Oh, come on!!   It's not THAT big of a deal.   When an actress is pregnant, the producers always have two choices:  write it into the script or ignore it.   In this case, they are writing it into the script, so what's the big deal?   

Writers are adept at modifying scripts at the drop of a hat for any number of reasons.   Actors die, go into rehab, are jailed etc etc etc.     Just look at any soap opera for a review of how things can turn on a dime.

Since Liz has committed a felony, she can no longer be a federal agent ... for now.   I'm sure something BIG will happen and she'll get a Presidental pardon or whatever .... since she'll be back to her own skinny self next season.

Honored Contributor

Hummmmm???  Well, we get used to seeing Liz running and jumping and going everywhere with Red.  I always enjoyed that and trying to figure out is she his kid or not.

Of course they'll rearrange it.  Look, I'm a person who never got over losing Sameen on Person of Interest.  She brought a special cadence to that show.  When she left to have her twins, the atmosphere of the show changed.  Some didn't mind it.  As for me, I didn't like it.  She's a person.  She has a right to her life.  I understand all of that.  I'm saying that as a viewer, I didn't like the change of her not being there.

They way I see it, it's a moot subject anyway.  My point is a show always changes when a character (main) has to leave for any period of time.  At least they are writing it in the show so we won't have to watch her hidden and maybe she'll be back next season.

My guess is the first few shows in the beginning of next season won't have her in them because they film ahead and she'll have just had the baby.

I guess if I'm being honest, I don't care if she's in them or not.  I watch the show because from many years back I've loved James Spader.  Now if he got pregnant and left the show, I'd REALLY be upset!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

It's on now!  Wow!  For a few minutes I thought I was watching Criminal Minds (the gore).

She looks terrible with that blond hair.  Her skin just looks sallow.  I wish they'd go back to her dark hair.

If you watch her walking, she walks like she's about 6 or 7 months pregnant.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw an E! News report that said she was 3 months along in mid-November.

Tonight's episode is really graphic--may be the most bizarre I've seen. I keep covering my eyes.  👀