Trusted Contributor

Sorry you were disappointed with the show, I thought it was great and really enjoyed it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Billboard Music Awards

[ Edited ]

High points of the show for me, in no particular order:  Celine Dion, Kesha tribute to Bob Dylan, Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani duet, and Demi Lovato.  Glad they did a tribute to Prince and love "Nothing Compares 2 U" (but wish they'd had someone else sing it).

Valued Contributor

Britany Spears still cannot sing.   

I can't believe she headlines a Vegas show.   She's cute, se@y, and cannot sing.    

I know I'm getting old, but I miss when music was really music.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the entire show except for Britney and Blake and Gwen.

Britney is in shape yes, but she doesnt dance near as good as she used to, and she lip sang as usual which is a huge negative to me.

Blake- i just dont like country music. (I like Gwen with No Doubt).

I liked best- Pink, Kesha, Arianna, Celine, Madonna, the Go Go's reuninion, Rhianna, Shawn Mendez, the DNCE band (love that song Cake by the Ocean), that kid from Austrailia (his name escapes me), and yes I like Justin Beiber (even though Im a grandmother, music is my life and I keep up with all of todays music). Oh and Im glad the Weekend won, love his music!

I did miss seeing Taylor Swift. (Shes originally from where Im originally from in PA). But I guess? she is with her boyfriend who was just in a car accident. Because I didnt see her.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

Britany Spears still cannot sing.   

I can't believe she headlines a Vegas show.   She's cute, se@y, and cannot sing.    

I know I'm getting old, but I miss when music was really music.

Yeah, Britney could never really sing.  She's an icon, though, for being in the business for 20 years and selling so many records.  I think she was really the first female singer who rose to fame without having any singing talent. She was packaged and marketed very well.  

Esteemed Contributor

There seems to be an awards show every week.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

I thought that tribute to Prince was pathetic.  Madonna's interpretation of Nothing Compares 2U was lifeless, unmoving, and poorly sung.  

Lifeless?  Unmoving?  Sounds like a description of her acting. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

I thought that tribute to Prince was pathetic.  Madonna's interpretation of Nothing Compares 2U was lifeless, unmoving, and poorly sung.  

ITA.  And I thought Stevie Wonder and Madonna's "Purple Rain" was worse.  If you want to go there with "Purple Rain"  do it well or leave it out.  

Honored Contributor

Best was Kesha.  Then Rihanna.  I liked "Fifth Harmony" singing but not their dancing.  Definitely not their dancing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Billboard Music Awards

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U wrote:

I liked the entire show except for Britney and Blake and Gwen.

Britney is in shape yes, but she doesnt dance near as good as she used to, and she lip sang as usual which is a huge negative to me.

Blake- i just dont like country music. (I like Gwen with No Doubt).

I liked best- Pink, Kesha, Arianna, Celine, Madonna, the Go Go's reuninion, Rhianna, Shawn Mendez, the DNCE band (love that song Cake by the Ocean), that kid from Austrailia (his name escapes me), and yes I like Justin Beiber (even though Im a grandmother, music is my life and I keep up with all of todays music). Oh and Im glad the Weekend won, love his music!

I did miss seeing Taylor Swift. (Shes originally from where Im originally from in PA). But I guess? she is with her boyfriend who was just in a car accident. Because I didnt see her.

Not a grandma, but I  also listen to current music, except some rap. I like Biebers recent songs. (did I just say that).... I am also into stars too, mainly reality tv ones.       I read TMZ everyday,  and know the latest gossip..