Honored Contributor

Bill Paxton,

Image result for rest in peace animated candle pics

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

He died from a stroke after the surgery.  There's a lot of good info on the other thread. Smiley Happy

@Pearlee, that's the second time you've mentioned the thread in Community.  You sound like a salesperson LOL.  I prefer posting here.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

He died from a stroke after the surgery.  There's a lot of good info on the other thread. Smiley Happy

@Pearlee, that's the second time you've mentioned the thread in Community.  You sound like a salesperson LOL.  I prefer posting here.

@LoriLori  Nope, not a salesperson; it's not even my thread!

While you may prefer posting here, others on this thread might like to know there's more posts & info elsewhere within easy reach, esp. if they have things they are wondering about or have incomplete info from this thread..   It's only a couple of clicks away, as opposed to Googling....  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My memories of him were watching Twister about 10 times with my then young grandchild. He couldn't get enough of that movie!  He is 18 now.  We both loved the movie and once in a while, he still brings it up.  Was sad to hear this.  He was a great actor, I thought.

Esteemed Contributor

He was in the eighth episode of Training Day. He was really good in the part. I really liked the series and it will probably be cancelled. They say he had a massive stroke after post surgical complications. He had underwent heart surgery. I was sad to hear of his passing at 61 years old. May he rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I haven't seen most of his stuff but I absolutely LOVED him in "Big Love."

He was 61 and was said to have died from complications following surgery.

RIP.

As an 80's kid, this hit me hard. 

Judge Wapner died too, he was 97. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

I actually felt the blood drain from my face when I read this.  I really liked him.  He was in so many things.  One of my favorite movies, which was not seen by many, is "Pass the Ammo"...hysterical. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

LoriLori wrote:

SeaMaiden wrote:

wonder what kind of surgery it was.... so sad.... perhaps heart surgery or something very delicate.  

@SeaMaiden, you're right, it was heart surgery.  At the time I posted that it had not been specified.

Complications can arise from the simplest surgeries.  I recently landed in the hospital fighting for my life, and spent a week in there, following an operation considered go home the same day minor.  

I am saddened by Bill Paxton's death.  Paxton was on my short list of actors whose movies and TV shows are on mymust see list.  Most of us can agree on the greatness of his films such as Titanic, Apollo 13, Twister, and the blockbusters, but one of my favorites is an idie titled Frailty.   Simple Plan is another underrated Paxton movie.  Big Love gets high marks from me, and since I'm now a binge watcher for weekly TV shows, I had not yet viewed Training Day.     

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant I remember watching Twister with my now 25 year old son.He couldn't get enough of it when he was little!! He had to watch it every single day.When I was busy he would watch it with my mom!! What an awesome memory!! What an awesome actor!! I will miss Bill Paxton's talent & sense of humor!! He always cracked me up when he was on the late night shows!!

What a shame.61 is way to young!!! RIP!!

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori  -  Very sad, he was in so many good movies.  We just saw "Tombstone" last night.  We were flipping through the channels, and it was the scene where his character was dying.  I also just saw him in "Titanic" on Valentine's Day.  Loved him as Chet in "Weird Science."